cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI on Old Cap One QS MC (Update: Venture WEMC, too)

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: CLI on Old Capital One QS MasterCard

Thanks for the kind words, everybody!  Smiley Very Happy

I'm going to let the 'dust settle', and in a month or so I'll check on seeing what PC options are available.  The upgrade link only shows the Venture One, so I suspect right now that's likely my only option... here's hoping that the Savor will be an option the first of the year. Smiley Happy

Anybody else out there with a Capital One card that's being stubborn with CLIs, don't give up.  Also, if you're getting the 'not enough use' message know that even if you put lots of charges through the card it might take a statement period or so for Capital One to recognize this (or at least that seemed to be my experience).

If anybody is interested in the history with this account, here's a link to my last CLI in Oct 2016 which gives more details:  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Quicksilver-MasterCard-CLI/td-p/4777162

Here's a link to the thread that details my PC experience for this card in Feb 2016 (TL;DR... I asked for years and I nearly gave up):  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Capital-One-QS1-to-QS-PC-Finally/td-p/4460966

Message 11 of 24
Starting_Over2013
Regular Contributor

Congrats! My reason for cli denial was payments are too low, which is crazy considering just how far I exceed the min pmt each month! But I don’t have the time or energy to argue with them at this point!
Current Scores: EX 780, EQ 779, TU 782
Starting Scores Aug 2013: EX 650, EQ 649, TU 596

Goal: 800 across the board!
Message 12 of 24
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

WTG UncleB. Congrats! Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 24
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the CLI. Something is going on over at Capital One, because they gave me a CLI on a card that has only seen BT activity this year. Maybe all those CLD's on people with unused $50K Ventures loosened the purse strings for some other people Smiley Very Happy

Message 14 of 24
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: CLI on Old Cap One QS MC (Update: Venture WEMC, too)

@DeeBee78 wrote:

Congrats on the CLI. Something is going on over at Capital One, because they gave me a CLI on a card that has only seen BT activity this year. Maybe all those CLD's on people with unused $50K Ventures loosened the purse strings for some other people Smiley Very Happy

There might be something going on, indeed.

I have a Venture WEMC that I got back in January; I used it enough to earn the bonus and since then I've not even put $100 on it.  I saw your message here and thought "what the heck"... got a $1k bump.  Smiley Very Happy

This was quite unexpected... I've hammered the old card with usage and only a month or so later did they relent, and the Venture has barely been touched and yet got the came CLI.  Also interesting, I just cashed an access check for $2k on this account (2% fee, 18 months) and it's already showing pending and I still got a CLI.  Smiley Surprised

My theory about having to wait for the 'dust to settle' for their computers to realize a card was being used might be wrong... it might have just been them loosening the purse strings altogether.

VentureCLI2017.png

Message 15 of 24
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Awesome sauce UB on the Venture. Whats that saying, Nothing Cap One Venture, Nothing Gained? Smiley Wink
Message 16 of 24
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

I just want me 35k QS back lol.. Dang CLD to 10k for not enough use on other bank cards or that card lol.  Wonder if Cap1 will ever get a triple pull out of me again hmm

Message 17 of 24
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

I just want me 35k QS back lol.. Dang CLD to 10k for not enough use on other bank cards or that card lol.  Wonder if Cap1 will ever get a triple pull out of me again hmm

I hear ya, my friend... I would be sore over that as well.  Smiley Mad

As for another triple pull, if they were to dangle $460 in front of me I would have to give it some thought.  On the other hand it would be an extra-painful decline if they were to say no.  Smiley Frustrated

Message 18 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are all Cap 1 cli online soft pulls?

Message 19 of 24
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Are all Cap 1 cli online soft pulls?

I'm not sure if they specify, but in practice it's always a SP.  Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.