Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI's to replace BlockFi

tag
12njoy
Super Contributor

CLI's to replace BlockFi

So as I'm sure everyone on the planet knows about FTX/BlockFi by now.  While accounts are currently "suspended" I thought to myself can I make up the 15k elsewhere.  I toyed around with the Walgreens Mastercard preapproval which has consistently shown 6k.  I didn't bite on this though while I'm holding out for at least 10k out the gate.  That led me to some reliably safe and trusty SP providers and I hit pay dirt.

KeyBank Key2More Rewards $20,500 to $24,500

KeyBank Cash Rewards $16,000 to $18,500

KeyBank Lattitude $22,500 to $26,500

Discover (2nd card) $4,500 to $7,000 (thanks Plastiq)

Union Bank $14,000 to $17,000

Overall a net gain of $1,000 with the loss of BlockFi.  I have one more KeyBank card to hit for a SP request on Friday.  This is also a Key2More Rewards currently at $19,500 so hopefully they show me that 4k love on this one.  As you can see KeyBank has been very good to me over the years.  I also have a LOC with them at $28,500.  That's just amazing considering my very first card with them was something like $2,500.  I have a ton of new accounts this year and too many to count within the past 24 months.  I have anywhere between 15 - 17 inq's on each bureau.  I've been semi gardening for the last 4 months (no inq's/no applications).  That's a huge feat for me.  I guess I have finally got to the point where I have 39K in debt between a car and small personal loan and no credit card debt.  I do rotate my cards to let some balances hit my reports and pay in full each month.  I've NEVER been in this good of shape where I can pass up applications with the understanding that I can always apply later with better odds.  In the past it has always been (for me) playing the shell game with my bureas (submitting applications dependent upon what was reporting at that time). I still have 2 small strikes against me which is inq's and AAoA which is between 4.8 and 5.2 years.  They are not affecting me drastically but they are there.  This has been 10 years in the making.  Didn't even realize that 2022 is my 10 year anniversary from when I began my credit rebuild in 2012.  When I started I had a credit score of 576 and had filed bankruptcy in 1993 and again in 2003 (as such, I will never stand in judgment of anyone).  It was bad too because in 2013 I was nervous.  Even though I was nowhere near needing to file BK then, I was paranoid because I had filed twice before 10 years apart.  Fast forward just two years ago, I had about 50k (yes you read that right) in credit card debt along with $165,000 in student loan debt.  Both haave been wiped out and my scores have definitely taken notice.  One of the best things in these past 10 years was finding this board.  I have learned so much here whether it be what to do or what not to do.  This place has something for everyone. Happy Thanksgiving everyone.  I have much to be thankful for.    

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby (1.6M)/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CLI's to replace BlockFi

@12njoy how did you get a SP CLI on Union Bank didn't know they had a method to request a cli?  

Congrats on your CLI's though

Message 2 of 13
12njoy
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriosity 

Thanks.  You can't request a SP CLI with Union Bank.  I just know they are SP's since I've gotten CLI's with my bureaus locked.  I initially started out with a 7k limit and over the years it's climbed.  Union used to do CLI's (review at your request) every 6 months.  Now they say it is once a year which may be out the window anyway since the merger with US Bank has been approved.  I've grown from 7k to 17k through request for CLI's without ever having a HP done.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 3 of 13
12njoy
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriosity 

I've just called them up and asked for a CLI and they'll go through the spill but it's never been a HP.  I know once US Bank is in control, I won't see another CLI.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 4 of 13
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Ya don't see it online so just call and ask and likely a sp?  Be interesting when US Bank takes it over which card it will be converted to.  Had a 12.5k SL been that way for a few years now

Message 5 of 13
12njoy
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Ya don't see it online so just call and ask and likely a s?

Yes that's what I did like clockwork Smiley Happy  Mine have alwasy been a SP.  My reports stay on ice.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 6 of 13
12njoy
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Ya don't see it online so just call and ask and likely a sp?  Be interesting when US Bank takes it over which card it will be converted to.  Had a 12.5k SL been that way for a few years now

Oh you want to call them and ask for a CLI now then.  Put your reports on ice because I can't say they won't do a HP if they are thawed.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 7 of 13
Hoben02
Frequent Contributor

Lol, I'm more worried that my crypto rewards haven't vanished then the loss of the credit line

Chase (CSP,CF,CFU,southwest premier)
Barclay(jetblue, arrival)
Bofa(US pride, premium, travel, cash, Suzy komen)
Citi(Premier, Double cash, Costco)
Fnbo(Mlife)
Amex(everyday, cash, Hilton)
Blockfi
Caesars rewards
Sofi
Gemini
Cap One Savor One
Message 8 of 13
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your CLIs!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 9 of 13
KingRue8500
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your CLI's

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.