Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP Approved!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CSP Approved!!

I was just approved for a CSP today!!  I've had my eye on the CSP or CSR for a while now but I'm originally from outside the US so I have a fairly thin file here -- just one visa from my local US bank with a $10 k CL (based on my foreign credit score), though I've had it for just over 3 years now.  I built up my credit over time so after following some advice in this forum I started off by applying for the Freedom Unlimited in October.

The FU app turned out to be quite the fiasco starting off with the dreaded 7-10 day message and Chase wanting verification of my address, social security number, and identity.  So I faxed those docs over to the number they gave me I think a total of three times, all unsuccessfully.  Eventually we moved onto scanning them and uploading them to a portal, which took two tries.  Finally, several weeks later I got the good news that I'd been approved with a CL of $7,800.

I then waited 3 statement cycles, always paid my balances on time (or early, if possible) and pulled the trigger on the CSP yesterday.  Of course, I once again got the dreaded "additional review" notification which, like the last time, turned into a 30 day message from the robolady.  I called right away but they told me to give it 24 hours due to high app volumes, so I called this morning and spoke to verification and was approved immediately with a CL of $18,400.

In case anyone was curious, my stats are: 777 FICO, 9% utilization, no baddies, $190 k income, 25 years old, 3 years of credit history and 3 months as a Chase customer.  Super pumped to use my new card and thanks to everyone for your advice!

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: CSP Approved!!

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your CSP approval!

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!! That's awesome!

Message 4 of 16
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Welcome To myFICO Forums and

Message 5 of 16
Traveler101
Established Contributor

Congrats!
Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval!

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approval!!
Message 8 of 16
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Congrats !

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 9 of 16
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats on your approval

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.