Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP Help - Update: Approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CSP Help - Update: Approved

Hi - 

(Newbie here, apologies if this has been asked elsewhere. Can delete or merge if so!)

I am interested in applying for the Chase Sapphire Preferred. I have great FAKO and FICO scores, 795-815 depending where you look. 

I have one CC with Chase already, 2k CL Amazon card

Discover IT with 16k CL

Macys Amex 7500 CL

Auth User on:

Home Depot 20k CL

Blue Cash Preferred 20k CL

No missed payments, no collections, and one hard inquiry (Chase Amazon) which will be falling off in january. My utilization # is ~3%. I have student loan debt of about 15k, but I didnt think that would count against me in this instance.

When I go to the prequalified section of the chase site, I have nothing. What potential issues are causing this? What do I need to work on to improve my chances of successfully applying for this card?

I see prequalified deals on other sites (Amex/BoA/Mastercard). So I know that I am not opted out.

Thanks in advance for any tips or advice!

-Rick 

Mod note:  I've updated your subject to reflect your approval; feel free to change/edit if you would like.  --UB

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
iheartwings
Valued Contributor

Re: CSP Help

Welcome to the forums! 

It sounds like you shouldn't have a problem with getting approved (I assume your AAoA is probably >1 year based on your last HP.), based on your scores, utilization, etc. I would not let the lack of a preapproval offer deter you from applying if this is the card you are interested in getting.

If it's any consolation, I can't ever get preapprovals from Chase, either. That said, I cold apped for the CSR and Amazon Prime Visa cards at the end of March and was instantly approved. (My scores were about the same as yours, though my file is probably a bit thicker.)

Hope that helps. 

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much for the response. My AAoA is 6 years 6 months or 6-10.. depending what CB. 

I will maybe wait another month or two. Get my revolving down even lower. Hopefully increase my chances even more.

I have a 12m 0% apr offer.. the temptation is real!

also under consideration, WF propel, AMEX gold. Looking for a travel card, looking to plan a vacation for next summer!

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi - 

(Newbie here, apologies if this has been asked elsewhere. Can delete or merge if so!)

I am interested in applying for the Chase Sapphire Preferred. I have great FAKO and FICO scores, 795-815 depending where you look. 

I have one CC with Chase already, 2k CL Amazon card

Discover IT with 16k CL

Macys Amex 7500 CL

Auth User on:

Home Depot 20k CL

Blue Cash Preferred 20k CL

No missed payments, no collections, and one hard inquiry (Chase Amazon) which will be falling off in january. My utilization # is ~3%. I have student loan debt of about 15k, but I didnt think that would count against me in this instance.

When I go to the prequalified section of the chase site, I have nothing. What potential issues are causing this? What do I need to work on to improve my chances of successfully applying for this card?

I see prequalified deals on other sites (Amex/BoA/Mastercard). So I know that I am not opted out.

Thanks in advance for any tips or advice!

-Rick

Not everyone get pre-qualified offers from Chase.

Since you are already a Chase customer, my suggestion is to take your Chase Amazon card and government-issued ID to a Chase branch and ask a personal banker if you have any in-branch approvals.  You can have approvals that show up on the banker's computer but never appear on Chase's website.

Alternatively you can just cold app; I don't see anything in the information you provided that would prevent you from being approved for a CSP.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much for the advice.

I decided to cold apply just now. Was approved immediately! 12.2 CL, 17.99%, 12m 0% intro APR

Thanks All!

Message 5 of 8
CivalV
Established Contributor

Beautiful SL! Congratulations & hooray to that vacation you will be taking with it haha
Message 6 of 8
L-TWT
Established Contributor

Congrats on approval!

Message 7 of 8
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval, that's a great starting SL!

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.