cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP and Freedom from waaaay downtown — SWISH!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CSP and Freedom from waaaay downtown — SWISH!

Super congrats on all of those great approvals and limits!!!  Woman Very Happy  Now go clean the confetti up and tell Barkley he was wrong!  Smiley Wink

Message 11 of 20
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@RealPlastic wrote:

Welp, my credit file has been murky at best throughout my entire life but it reached a dismal 665 EX yesterday (highest ever) and I noticed I had some pre-qualified offers. Go big or go home, right? So I responded to the offer. With only two capital one QS credit cards (rebuilders; both $1300 limit with 8 months of history) under my belt and an authorized user BOA account ($4500). I was instantly approved for a Chase Freedom card at $4,500. COUNT IT! BUCKET! But then I started to channel my inner Kobe and got hungry. Rulllll hungry — ball hog, take-it-to-the-hole without even thinking about passing up on an offer sort of hungry. So I applied for a Chase Sapphire Preferred — I know, what was I thinking, right? pssh. pfft. Crazy! So I took a shot from halfcourt with a full 24 seconds on the shot clock....aaaand AIRBALL! Poor shot selection. I'm pretty sure I heard the boo birds and I heard Charles Barkley yell "TURRRIBLE SHOT". But I regrouped and read some threads on here and decided to call the recon line. I asked him to give me a shot and just hear me out — I talked for 5 mins straight about how crappy my credit file was up until 8 months ago because I treated my credit file with a crippling neglect and I'm not making any excuses about it, but all I'm asking is one shot, one opportunity (cue Eminem) to prove I can win at being a financially responsible adult. He put me on hold and returned and said, "here's what I'm gonna do for you...I'll approve the CSP for $5000 because you are showing you can take care of a $4500 limit"...I froze, because 1) whaaaaa?!? 2) he thought my authorized user account was actually my account ... "You're approved!" he said...(cue the Rocky theme music when he wins) Olympic size upset!!! Confetti poured down from the rafters and all my teammates (myfico forum members) lifted me up to the sky to congratulate me....but in reality, it was all them. Thanks guys! 

Someone who can write like you don't need no credit cards, he can live off the publishing royalties Smiley Happy

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Job, congrats !!

Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

nice combo there, congrats. 

Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approvals, especially the CSP recon -- those have been hard to do with Chase lately. You definitely know how to Curry on a good recon conversation! Smiley Wink

Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow big soccer fan I see. Congrats
Message 16 of 20
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Very nice, congrats!!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 17 of 20
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Sweet!!!  Congrats on the approvals!

Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RealPlastic wrote:

Welp, my credit file has been murky at best throughout my entire life but it reached a dismal 665 EX yesterday (highest ever) and I noticed I had some pre-qualified offers. Go big or go home, right? So I responded to the offer. With only two capital one QS credit cards (rebuilders; both $1300 limit with 8 months of history) under my belt and an authorized user BOA account ($4500). I was instantly approved for a Chase Freedom card at $4,500. COUNT IT! BUCKET! But then I started to channel my inner Kobe and got hungry. Rulllll hungry — ball hog, take-it-to-the-hole without even thinking about passing up on an offer sort of hungry. So I applied for a Chase Sapphire Preferred — I know, what was I thinking, right? pssh. pfft. Crazy! So I took a shot from halfcourt with a full 24 seconds on the shot clock....aaaand AIRBALL! Poor shot selection. I'm pretty sure I heard the boo birds and I heard Charles Barkley yell "TURRRIBLE SHOT". But I regrouped and read some threads on here and decided to call the recon line. I asked him to give me a shot and just hear me out — I talked for 5 mins straight about how crappy my credit file was up until 8 months ago because I treated my credit file with a crippling neglect and I'm not making any excuses about it, but all I'm asking is one shot, one opportunity (cue Eminem) to prove I can win at being a financially responsible adult. He put me on hold and returned and said, "here's what I'm gonna do for you...I'll approve the CSP for $5000 because you are showing you can take care of a $4500 limit"...I froze, because 1) whaaaaa?!? 2) he thought my authorized user account was actually my account ... "You're approved!" he said...(cue the Rocky theme music when he wins) Olympic size upset!!! Confetti poured down from the rafters and all my teammates (myfico forum members) lifted me up to the sky to congratulate me....but in reality, it was all them. Thanks guys! 

From now on when I have credit card approvals I want you to narrate the whole thing lol Congratulations OP!

Message 19 of 20
The_Gazelle12
New Contributor

Ha! I see what you did there...not a Curry fan either lol.
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.