Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP preapproval - UPDATE: Approved!

tag
quikj9
Frequent Contributor

CSP preapproval - UPDATE: Approved!

My DM currently has a preapproval in her "Just For You" section for both the CSP and CSR. These preapproval offers both come with a set apr. Based on DP's from this forum and my own somewhat surprising United Explorer approval through a similar offer, it seems like this is pretty solid.

The only thing holding her back from pulling the trigger is her current credit card utilization. She's at ~90% utilization currently, including a CFU (8k CL) that's nearly maxed out. She's operating a startup and is utilizing her personal credit for her business (much to my dismay). She's currently at a 641 EX8

No baddies, not a single late. 

5 open CCs

1 auto loan

AoORA is 6 years

AoYRA is 10 months

2/24

Anyway, she'll be able to get the utilization down significantly over the next couple of months, but we're booking a trip in the spring that would make great use of these points. By the time her utilization goes down, it would likely be a bit too late to book, which is why we're considering getting the card now. 

Does anyone think she has a chance of actually being approved? I feel like this would be the ultimate test of a green star preapproval.

Also, is there any difference in approval probablility if she uses a referral link or applies directly from her preapproval page?

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CSP preapproval

@quikj9 wrote:

My DM currently has a preapproval in her "Just For You" section for both the CSP and CSR. These preapproval offers both come with a set apr. Based on DP's from this forum and my own somewhat surprising United Explorer approval through a similar offer, it seems like this is pretty solid.

The only thing holding her back from pulling the trigger is her current credit card utilization. She's at ~90% utilization currently, including a CFU (8k CL) that's nearly maxed out. She's operating a startup and is utilizing her personal credit for her business (much to my dismay). She's currently at a 641 EX8

No baddies, not a single late. 

5 open CCs

1 auto loan

AoORA is 6 years

AoYRA is 10 months

2/24

Anyway, she'll be able to get the utilization down significantly over the next couple of months, but we're booking a trip in the spring that would make great use of these points. By the time her utilization goes down, it would likely be a bit too late to book, which is why we're considering getting the card now. 

Does anyone think she has a chance of actually being approved? I feel like this would be the ultimate test of a green star preapproval.

Also, is there any difference in approval probablility if she uses a referral link or applies directly from her preapproval page?

It's very likely she will be approved if nothing major has changed about her credit profile within the past ~30 days. We just don't know enough about her profile to determine what kind of SL will be assigned once they HP (i.e. is the overall utilization 90% or just one card, etc.).  Keep in mind these offers can go *poof* at anytime so if she's interested, she needs to act soon.

Also, in order for the pre-approval to work, she needs to do it directly from the "Just for you" offers, not from any other source or referral link.

Message 2 of 16
quikj9
Frequent Contributor

This was a short lived thread. She pulled the trigger. Instantly approved for $11,900.

Thank you @FinStar !

Message 3 of 16
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Happy to help @quikj9 and congrats on DW's approval! I went ahead and moved the thread to the Approvals section and slightly edited the title. If you prefer, you can edit the title if you wish.

Message 4 of 16
quikj9
Frequent Contributor

Surprising CSP approval!

To me, this was about as good a test for a green star pre-approval I've seen. I'm a bit surprised she was approved given her current utilization and score, but I'm SHOCKED at the limit. She did also have a pre-approval for the CSR, so the limit does reflect that. 

Hopefully these stats help out other members of the community. Let me know if I can provide any other DP's. 

Message 5 of 16
mrtech3
New Contributor

Re: Surprising CSP approval!

Congrats.....that is awesome news

Message 6 of 16
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congratulation!!

Message 7 of 16
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on DW's CSP approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 8 of 16
AlilThisAlilThat
Established Member

@quikj9 Im in a similar situation with high utilization (84%) and 673 Fico8. I have pre-approvals showing in my chase app for both the CSR and CSP. I was hesitant to apply but most of rhe posts i read on here stated i had a good chance so i pulled the trigger. No instant approval- got the 7-10 day review message. Im bummed.

Message 9 of 16
TSlop
Valued Contributor

Re: CSP preapproval - UPDATE: Approved!

Congrats on the approval!

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.