Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSR Approval via Reconsideration Line - After 7-10 Day Message

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CSR Approval via Reconsideration Line - After 7-10 Day Message

Data points that some may find helpful.  Patiently waited until last night to apply on-line for the CSR as all my statements for the month would have finally been reported and utilization would be optimal.  Filled out the quick application and I got the dreaded 7-10 day message.  Being exactly 4/24 and having been approved for the CSP back in February I was concerned the standards must be higher for the CSR so I figured I would be getting the denial in the mail.  Strange thing was is that I never saw an alert for the credit pull.

Fast forward to tonight ... I followed the advice I saw on a Reddit thread that indicated if you get the 7-10 day message and you are under 5/24 then you are most likely getting denied.  The advice there was don't wait for the letter to come but call into the reconsideration line immediately.  So I figured why not.  Called in and the extremely nice rep asked for my ss# and indicated that they were unable to pull my EQ report so the application was pending.  Coincidentally, I put a security freeze on that report a week ago as I was working on some cleanup and had some pending disputes on EQ that dropped my scores by over 40 points from my relatively clean TU and EX reports.

Anyway, I asked the rep if she could pull either TU or EX (or both if she preferred) as there were no freezes on them.  She said sure, "lets pull TU as they seam to be the most up to date."  After about 10 seconds of small talk she came back and said she was happy to report I was approved for a $27k credit line and I should be getting the card in a week to 10 days.

So for data points, my TU Fico 8 is 714 and EX is 716 with an income of $150k.  I've had the CSP (with a $9k limit) for seven months and have run $29k though it, always paying in full and keeping utilization on that card and overall under 6%.  My highest limit card is a $30k Venture.  By the way, 7 months ago when I applied for the CSP, my highest limit card was $10k.  I know there are many on these boards that dispel the theory that higher limit cards beget higher limit cards.  All I can say is that in my case it seems like Chase came within striking distance of my highest limit card in both cases.  Coincidence?  Don't know but I like the trend.

Anyway, I'm very excited the way this played out.  Now I just need to decide which card to PC my CSP to when renewal time comes around.

Thanks to everyone in the community.  There is a remarkable knowledge base here that has been instrumental in my rebuilding. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CSR Approval via Reconsideration Line - After 7-10 Day Message

Congrats on the approval!!!

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your wonderful approval!!

Message 3 of 4
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on a very nice approval.  Although I am VERY suprised they allowed you to use another CRA.  Usually they won't ever entertain that being Chase.  The computer picks it and the must use what the computer picks.  You must of got a supervisor or someone that was able to override it by whatever method.  Other lenders it is alot easier, Chase not so much.   Congrats none-the-less

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.