Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSR YOLO Application - 10K SL Approved!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CSR YOLO Application - 10K SL Approved!

So my total CL across the board is pushing around "20K", with my highest limit card only being around 5.5K. Good start for a CSR right? 

Often, I use a day counter to let me know when it's time to go on app sprees, and ask for CLIs, and about 3 days ago I got rejected by BoA for a 1.5X increase to 8K, which was kind of unexpected since this card is my main driver and BoA has a bulk of my savings, but I took the L with passion and moved on as BoA has grown this card really quickly since I first opened. 

Anwyays, referencing my day counting app, I got an alert that it was time to ask for a CLI on my Chase FU, which sits at 3K as of now, and I always PIF, was going to ask for 5K, but after reading a lot of posts on the internet, the sentiment seemed that it's best just to apply for a new card instead of taking a HP for a CLI.

Although the Chase Freedom Flex is on my radar, my app said I still needed to wait another 300 days (for some reason haha), and I realized that the timer was ticking for a tracker I started on a CSR last year around July. Decided it was worth the yolo as Ive been eyeing this card for 2 years, and to be honest, my heart was beating because I knew my odds of getting denied was probably around 90%, especially because of the pandemic. Low and behold, I got the 7-10 day message, and Chase got back to me today a few minutes ago saying I was APPROVED! Not too worried about the current SL for this card as it'll be my main driver for a few years and I hope to make it grow! 

I feel like going for this card now was worth it, and it'll open up more doors at other banks to increase my SLs over time. Just for future reference, my scores at the time of applying for this card: 3 INQs, AAoA: 2y, EX 745, TU 717 EQ 720, 12% Utl. and my income is around 45K because I'm a college student and I work part time in an architectural firm all year.

See you all on the next approval post soon! Smiley Happy

63A0FB55-F563-4ECA-A492-0B8EB48C5E2C.jpeg

55330A59-5154-4C48-BF34-712228EAD864.png

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: CSR YOLO Application - 10K SL Approved!

Congratulations on your approval!

Message 2 of 21
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your CSR approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I keep pushing my own time table back on the CSR because I can't seem to stop getting new cards. It'll be a bit before I'm back under 5/24 so until then, I need some discipline.
Message 4 of 21
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congrats on the new CSR approval!

Message 5 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks buddy! Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditAggie wrote:

Thanks! 

Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I keep pushing my own time table back on the CSR because I can't seem to stop getting new cards. It'll be a bit before I'm back under 5/24 so until then, I need some discipline.

Hey, you have a good approval rate judging by your sig, so I can see why you it may be difficult to stay under 5/24 haha, soon enough you'll be there, worth the wait

Message 8 of 21
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on your new CSR Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 21
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

🥳 Congratulations on your CSR approval and proving scores at the time of approval.

This should help open doors at other banks for SLs! 🤗
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.