cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSR application - How long to wait for approval...?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CSR application - How long to wait for approval...?

I applied for the Chase Sapphire Reserve card a week ago now. Obviously I wasn't instantly approved or I wouldn't be here! My question is, how long do I wait before calling to push for an approval or status update? I'm anxious because I have two back-to-back work trips coming up fast and it'd be great to throw that spend towards the 50k bonus.  At this point, the 800# still gives me the "30 days from receipt of application" spiel.

Also, what information could they be trying to gather at this point? They already did the hard pull on my credit (>800+ across all bureaus) and I have a history with them (previous 72mo auto loan, current checking and Freedom Unlimited over 2yrs).

Thanks in advance for insights and/or advice...

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
charleeislegend
Regular Contributor

Re: CSR application - How long to wait for approval...?

It took about 13 days for me.
Credit Karma (TU) : 810 Discover FICO (TU): 805 Credit Sesame (EX): 805 myFICO (EQ) - 791
Amex Simplycash Business - $15000 Citi Costco - $12000 Citi Double Cash - $10000 Discover IT - $12000 Chase Sapphire Reserve - $32000
Message 2 of 9
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

I applied for the Chase Sapphire Reserve card a week ago now. Obviously I wasn't instantly approved or I wouldn't be here! My question is, how long do I wait before calling to push for an approval or status update? I'm anxious because I have two back-to-back work trips coming up fast and it'd be great to throw that spend towards the 50k bonus.  At this point, the 800# still gives me the "30 days from receipt of application" spiel.

Also, what information could they be trying to gather at this point? They already did the hard pull on my credit (>800+ across all bureaus) and I have a history with them (previous 72mo auto loan, current checking and Freedom Unlimited over 2yrs).

Thanks in advance for insights and/or advice...

Have you called them to see if they need anything from you? 

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the suggestion to call in. After I finally got transferred to the "fraud dept" for verification it was taken care of!

New CSR card with $22k limit approved!
Message 4 of 9
Priory_Man
Valued Contributor

Congratulations, nice SL too.

"Total revolving credit $286,000 Current UTIL >1%"
Message 5 of 9
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks for the suggestion to call in. After I finally got transferred to the "fraud dept" for verification it was taken care of!

New CSR card with $22k limit approved!

Congrats on your new card, glad it all worked out 

Message 6 of 9
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats on the new card!

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval and massive SL !!!!

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fabulous !!, Great SL

and

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.