Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One CLI

tag
MakingProgress
Senior Contributor

Cap One CLI

Six months ago I got a Cap One QS1 with a baby CL of $300.   I was expecting an automatic CLI to $500 after 6 months of on time payments.   I just hit that six months and instead of getting a bump to $500 I was given a CLI of $3000.   Can't complain about that.  The CLI is roughly equivilent to the amount I charged on this card in the last 6 months, coincidence?  Most likely but interesting. 

FICO 8 Starting Score

Current Scores

Garden Goal is All Reports Clean – Achieved 11/26/20
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap One CLI

Congrats! Make sure you check for upgrade before the AF comes up to upgrade to QSR.

Message 2 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, congrats!

I just saw this on Cap1 QS1 login today, so it's interesting. 

capital one quicksilverone credit limit increase statement.png

I hope I don't get a measly $150 CLI to $750.  That card is getting combined with my Platinum ($3300 CL) once that one graduates.

Message 3 of 20
imaximous
Valued Contributor

I got nothing but love for Capital One. They were the first lender to offer me a credit card right after BK years ago. It started as a $500 card (no annual fee), and they automatically increased the limit to $2k after 3 months or so. Then it went up little by little up to $8k where it's been sitting for a long time. I haven't used that card much for a few years once I started getting approved for other cards with better rewards. Then, last year, I figured I'd apply for another Cap One card, and I was really happy when they approved me for a $30k Venture card. Now it's at $33k, and been meaning to combine it with the other card for a 41k total, but I have this special love for it that I just can't bring myself to clicking the final button to process the request, haha.
They've also approved me for 2 car loans up to their max of $40k with the lowest rate available.
I wish they had some other rewards programs that could compete better with the top banks, and I'd stop using anything else.
Message 4 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow! Congrats!

OP, can you provide some data points, your score, did you pay in full each month or carry a balance?

Message 5 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

Wow, congrats!

I hope I don't get a measly $150 CLI to $750.  That card is getting combined with my Platinum ($3300 CL) once that one graduates.

Well it looks like your CL will be $750. Are you in credit steps? How long have you had the card?

Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

Wow, congrats!

could be worse dude, mines at 300 and will only go to 500 in march (on my little graphic the fourth checkmark is green and the fifth i assume is the statement cut coming in a week).   ive tried for early CLIs on it and they keep telling me too many recent inquiries, even though i hadnt had one for 90 days (still havent, the discover approval i mention below was a SP)

its dumb, my score has gone up almost 100 points since i opened this card, and i just got approved for a 3500 SL discover... i dont get why capone is so **bleep** stingy, ive put so much spend through that QS1 too, over 4000 worth (yes max and paid off 2-3 times a month)

if they dont unsecure my platinum this month also, i am probably sockdrawering both of them and just going plain disco, since they actually gave me a reasonable CL.

To put this into perspective.  I have two capital one cards, one is almost a year old, the other is almost six months old.  Their combined limit is 800 dollars (500 and 300), and on the bigger one, they are still holding a 99 dollar deposit.  My fico scores have gone from 550 when i was originally approved for the secured card to 625 when i was approved for the QS1 to now just about 700 on all three, and they arent budging, whereas one of the more difficult issuers to get approved for, just gave me a 20 percent interest rate (19.24 after the 0 14 month intro) and FOUR AND A HALF TIMES THE LIMIT.

Im so done with capone if they dont give me serious love this March when my first card turns 1 year old.

Im legit angry about it, considering ive been so **bleep** good to them and put massive spend through their cards, dozens if not hundreds of swipes, pay on time, etc etc.   The tier system is real.  It actually turns me off thinking id have to close and reapply for anything better.

Hell CREDIT one gave me a bigger CLI than Capital one is going to be giving my QS1, and i closed that POS.

Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

wrote:

Wow, congrats!

could be worse dude, mines at 300 and will only go to 500 in march (on my little graphic the fourth checkmark is green and the fifth i assume is the statement cut coming in a week).   ive tried for early CLIs on it and they keep telling me too many recent inquiries, even though i hadnt had one for 90 days (still havent, the discover approval i mention below was a SP)

its dumb, my score has gone up almost 100 points since i opened this card, and i just got approved for a 3500 SL discover... i dont get why capone is so **bleep** stingy, ive put so much spend through that QS1 too, over 4000 worth (yes max and paid off 2-3 times a month)

if they dont unsecure my platinum this month also, i am probably sockdrawering both of them and just going plain disco, since they actually gave me a reasonable CL.

To put this into perspective.  I have two capital one cards, one is almost a year old, the other is almost six months old.  Their combined limit is 800 dollars (500 and 300), and on the bigger one, they are still holding a 99 dollar deposit.  My fico scores have gone from 550 when i was originally approved for the secured card to 625 when i was approved for the QS1 to now just about 700 on all three, and they arent budging, whereas one of the more difficult issuers to get approved for, just gave me a 20 percent interest rate (19.24 after the 0 14 month intro) and FOUR AND A HALF TIMES THE LIMIT.

Im so done with capone if they dont give me serious love this March when my first card turns 1 year old.

Im legit angry about it, considering ive been so **bleep** good to them and put massive spend through their cards, dozens if not hundreds of swipes, pay on time, etc etc.   The tier system is real.  It actually turns me off thinking id have to close and reapply for anything better.

Hell CREDIT one gave me a bigger CLI than Capital one is going to be giving my QS1, and i closed that POS.

What are the reasons Cap 1 is giving you for the denials of CLI.

Message 8 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

Wow, congrats!

Number of recent inquiries.  Only reason ever given, and I havent had one since October, in fact the last inq on my equifax (the one they mention they used) was FOR THAT CARD -_-

Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

Wow, congrats!

Number of recent inquiries.  Only reason ever given, and I havent had one since October, in fact the last inq on my equifax (the one they mention they used) was FOR THAT CARD -_-

How many inquiries in the last 12 months?

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.