Cap One VENTURE - Instant Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap One VENTURE - Instant Approval

@JaseT wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@JaseT wrote:

I check the Cap One prequalifier once a month or so, just for the heck of it. Nothing has come up for many months. Tonight I finally got some options to show up. They offered Venture, Savor, and QS. I already have a QS World MC ($8800) and a Savor MC ($5800) with C1, as well as an auto loan I opened up in May. I went ahead and applied for the Venture, hoping for a higher starting CL. Instant approval of $15k.  Smiley Happy

This month marks my two years since I filed BK7 and March 2019 will be 2 years since my discharge. Chugging along.

CONGRATS ! on the VENTURE approval.  Update us later on how long it takes to actually recieve your card.

( 12 / 16 ) Applied but got one of those  'Need more time to process your application. We'll contact you in 7-10 days.'  messages ....
(12 / 27 )  After checking the automated application status line each day since I applied, and always hearing the system say the app was still pending, I decided call and speak to a rep.  She said the app just got to her department that same day from the processing department, and the app was APPROVED for a 30K credit limit. I was pleasently shocked at the size of the CL.
She said it would take another 7-10 days for me to recieve the card, and that I MIGHT get a call during that time frame, just to varify that I am actually the one who ordered the card... Fairly common procedure for them now on days..

Anyway, I will be curious to see how fast you get your card, and how fast I get mine. Based on what I have read on this forum, and other places, actual delievery of the card has been anywhere from 3 - 10 days after they "ship" it.  Not sure why a card can take 10 days to arrive after it's put into the mail unless someone lives in Hawaii or Guam or something... LOL, but one guy said it took 10 days for him.   Hoping it doesn't take that long for me or you.

Congrats on the $30k! My Venture account showed up on my Cap1 dashboard immediately, so I hope that my card will ship out quickly! I will keep this thread posted.

Glad it showed up on your dashboard immediately. I guess that's a perk of your INSTANT APPROVAL !
Wish they'd at least posted mine on my dashboard too, given the that phone rep udated me on 27th that it was an approval.
I guess I have to factor too that given the two holidays, it probably doesn't help the processing and delivery timelines for some of us.  Grrrr  lol
But yeah, I'll keep an eye out for your updates in this thread.

Message 11 of 22
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval and great SL!

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 12 of 22
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 13 of 22
csl1
Contributor

Congrats! I'm just starting my rebuild after a chapter 7. It's super encouraging to read about successes like these. Enjoy your new card.

☞ Credit Cards: NFCU AmEx, NFCU Visa Signature, PenFed Pathfinder Visa, Truist Enjoy Cash, Discover It, Capital One SavorOne, Citi BB Visa, Paypal MC, PayPal Store Card, CareCredit, Cap1QS1
♛ Total Credit Lines: $52,750
⚖ Chapter 7 Discharge: October 2018
☼ Credit Scores: Mid to High 600s
☮ Gardening As of May 13, 2022

Message 14 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats.  Which bureau did they pull?

Message 15 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

All 3 😃
Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

There should be a card tracker inside the app for your phone.  For my Savor card, there was a tracker that showed when it was created, shipped, etc.

Message 17 of 22
JaseT
Established Contributor

Thanks for the info on the card tracker! Mine shows that it has shipped already Smiley Happy

BK7 Filed 12/16, Discharged 3/17 *** Current Revolving CL Total $122.1k *** PIF/AZEO
6/19 FICO SCORES:
On My Radar Cards: Nothing ATM
Future Goal Cards: US Bank Cash +, Citi Double Cash, Discover It, BoA Cash Rewards, USAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex
Message 18 of 22
MartyWrite75
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval! Nice!
April 2024: Experian 769; Equifax 779; Transunion 781

Cards I Have:
Cap One QS: $600 (Sock drawer) || Cap One QS (#2): $6,200 (Sock drawer) || Discover It: $11,400 || Cap One Walmart: $600 (Sock drawer) || AMEX BCP: $8,900 || Amazon Prime Store Card: $10,000 || FNBO Rewards Visa: $2,600 || Discover Cash Back: $5,500 || Citi Custom Cash: $9,500 || Verizon VS Visa: $10,000 || Amex Hilton Honors: $10,000 || Amazon (Chase) Prime Rewards (VS): $9,500

Wishlist Cards:
Paypal Mastercard || Bread Mastercard

Gardening to 10/2024(ideally)
Total Utilization: 11%
Inquiries: Exp: (1) Trans: (0) Equif: (0)

Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

COngrats on your approval and massive SL !!!

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.