cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One random CLI on what I thought was a bucketed card

tag
thatgirldina1

Cap One random CLI on what I thought was a bucketed card

Soooo I just woke up to a random CLI from Cap One. My statement cut yesterday and I went online to check today and they doubled my limit from $500 to $1000! I opened the Platinum card in June 2018 at $300. PCd to QS on December 13, 2018 with a bump to $500. It's only been 5 months, not 6. Is this normal for them? Should I still ask for another bump on my 6th month like I was planning to do all along?

My husband and I got our Platinum cards at the same time. His came with alll sort of Credit Steps information and verbage, but mine never did. He's never recieved an offer to upgrade. Does that mean his is bucketed and mine isn't, but mine just had a small SL? He's never received an increase....not even his Steps because one month he paid on the due date but after the time cutoff so it posted the next day making it late. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap One random CLI on what I thought was a bucketed card

It sounds like you have it all figured out between both of your accounts.

With Cap1 you can request a CLI every 6 months with the chance of it being approved.  If you hit the mark before 6 months it just gets auto denited but doesn't reset the clock.  If they gave you a CLI you should still be eligible for requesting one.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks like you don't have a bucket card, congrats!

Message 3 of 6
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Congrats! You can still request too!
Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 4 of 6
Duke_Nukem
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

If they gave you a CLI you should still be eligible for requesting one.

I received an auto CLI from CapOne in Dec 2018.  I've been noticing several generous CapOne CLI's on here recently, so I hit the Luv Button earlier this week out of curiousity (only 5 months from the auto CLI).  The auto denial came in stating I'm not due for a CLI just yet.  So even though they gave an auto CLI, a manual CLI still seems unavailable for the next 6 months (at least for me, anyway).

Congrats, OP on the auto Luv!

Message 5 of 6
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

" they doubled my limit from $500 to $1000!"

Congrats on The Auto CLI !!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.