Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Venture Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Venture Approval

Hi everyone,

A few months ago, I posted on this forum asking for opinions on my odds of approval for the Cap1 Venture after a rebuild beginning in 2016. I haven't considered Chase's or AmEx's ecosystem since I am almost positive I am still blacklisted after burning them back in the early 2010s.

I had applied for the Venture One card back in March, and used it as my daily driver. I was eventually given a CLI to $9500 on the card last month. On a whim a few days ago, I used Capital One's pre-approval tool to see if the Venture card would show up as an option. It showed up, including the 60K miles SUB, TSA pre-check credit, etc. I was ecstatic! I pulled the trigger, and was approved for a starting limit of $10K, but with the higher APR of 23.99%. It's nice to see that I have made progress from my rebuild these past few years, and finally have my own travel card! And with Capital One's changes to their portal to try to be competitive with the other companies like Chase and AmEx, I can't wait to start earning points and use the TSA pre-check credit, and eventually use them to travel. I am also looking forward to having my first, very own metal credit card and Visa Signature!

My profile:

FICO: TransUnion 672, Experian 702 (Experian notified me in app of a collection falling off), but 670 a week ago unsure which one Cap1 saw on hard pull

Cards:

• Discover It (01/2018) $3600

• Capital One Quicksilver $600 (7/2018 - PC from Platinum)

• Capital One VentureOne (3/2021) $9500 - transferred all my points to the Venture account, will PC to Quicksilver once I receive my Venture card

• Apple Card (1/2021) $5500 - Co-owner via Family Share

• Regions Secured Card (6/2017) $300 - closed

• Credit One Platinum Visa (9/2018) $600 - Finally closed

• Synchrony Jewelry Store Card (9/2019) $1500 

• Southwest Premier (10/2019) $13000 - AU

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Capital One Venture Approval

Congratulations on your Capital One Venture approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 2 of 22
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your VentureOne approval 👍🏼

Message 3 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 22
Sub16610
Established Contributor

Congrats on your Capital One Venture approval!

Message 5 of 22
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Cap 1 Approval!! 🥂👏🏼🎉

Message 6 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you everyone! I am just trying to be patient because I read that it takes almost the full 10 business days to etch/produce the metal card and deliver it. But I already have a couple of purchases that will let me hit the SUB.

Message 7 of 22
CreditPacMan
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you everyone! I am just trying to be patient because I read that it takes almost the full 10 business days to etch/produce the metal card and deliver it. But I already have a couple of purchases that will let me hit the SUB.

It took two weeks exactly for my Savor card to arrive. 

But you can add it to Apple Pay and use it that way.

Current Cards:
Message 8 of 22
KingRue8500
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your Capital One Venture approval

Message 9 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow that's longer than I expected Smiley Surprised And I have checked through my phone app to try to add it, but it doesn't list it as an available option. Do i have to wait until my card is "created"? It's still only showing "approved" date on the timeline on that account.

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.