Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Captial one venture approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Captial one venture approved

Hi guys,

4 days ago I applied for cap one Venture and it went pending review and after calling them today they asked some security question and just now I got a notification via email that I got approved for cap one venture for 5,000. wasn't expecting this low sl as on one of my card the minimum starting limit is 9,000. With 3 hard pulls geting 5,000 was not a great deal. I regret that why did I did that 😏...any suggestions for knocking on the backdoor for CLI? If yes, then what would be the best reason to tell them.

Mu scores are 750sh on all bureaus
Thank you so much
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Priory_Man
Valued Contributor

Re: Captial one venture approved

Congrats on the approval, 5k that is a good starting point.
What does the rest of your credit file look like?
You say you have 1 card with a 9K limit but if you are using it to the max then that may be a reason.
So if you could give a little more details, then I feel certain we could offer better advice.

"Total revolving credit $286,000 Current UTIL >1%"
Message 2 of 13
CivalV
Established Contributor

Congratulations on the approval.

I really would like the Savor card as me and my bf go out dining so often it would be great to have. It sucks that Cap 1 pulls all 3. Im not looking to apply now but hopefully in a couple of months when my scores are worthy I will take my last dive into Cap 1. My other thought was maybe Amex but I have a collection account that is holding me back from getting an account with them 😩
Message 3 of 13
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval! 5k isn't a bad SL but without more information on your credit profile, its sort of hard to say. Definitely need to know your cards, current limits, AAoA, any baddies, etc.

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 5 accounts now. 

citi 11,000

citi 10,000

chase 12,000

chase 9,000

penfed ploc 10,000 its new 5 days old

no late payements, no derogatory and last application before PenFed app was a year old...4 to 5 inquiries on all 3 reports.my reports are clean scores around 750 on all 3 reports. I was seeing like 4 different types of credit card offers on cap one website since more than 4 months and now after applying for it...was not expecting this Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 13
Priory_Man
Valued Contributor

So you have decent CL's on all cards and credit.
What is your UTIL% at?
Also, although the amount of inquires is not particularity high it may have caused them to hold back a little.

"Total revolving credit $286,000 Current UTIL >1%"
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats on approval, sorry for crap SL- it can grow? :-p 

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

COngrats on your approval !!!!

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @Priory_Man

Thank you @ Ficopath

UTI is around is 17%. Does Cap one increase the limit from time to time? can I request CLI in future? I am new to Cap OneSmiley Wink

Message 9 of 13
xaximus
Valued Contributor

With Cap1 - you can request a CLI every 6 months. Your UTI is at 17% so that's one thing that may be holding your scores down around 10-20 points. I would bring the UTI down under 8%. Also, do you have any loan? (car, mortgage, student, anything considered a loan). If not, I would do an SSL.

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.