cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Care Credit Approval / Right on Time! When to push CLI button?

tag
HindSight_20_20
Frequent Contributor

Care Credit Approval / Right on Time! When to push CLI button?

DS needs braces Smiley Surprised 

Figured I'd give it a shot - 'approved'!  Just in time because DS's appointment is in two weeks.

Also a nice little addition to the credit file as I rebuild, the online profile is still being built.

My question to the Care Credit CC holders here is how long did you wait until you hit the CLI button?

Thanks!

Goal Score: EX 700|TU 700|EQ700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

HiltonHonors AMEX 2K | Amazon Store CC $800 | Bed Bath & Beyond 2K | Lowes CC 11K | Cap 1 Secured $500 | Cap 1 Plat $300 | Cap 1 Savor 1K |Citi Secured $200 | Target $500 | Kohl's $1K | Truist Cashback 4.5K | Penfed Power Cash Back 3.5K |Apple Pay CC 3K | Venmo Sig Visa 7.5K | SECU 13.5K | Bragg Mutual FCU 10K | Best Buy Citi Visa $2.5K | DiscoverIT CB 11.5K
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Care Credit Approval / Right on Time! When to push CLI button?

Hi, can you tell me which credit B did care credit pull your credit from? I would like to apply but want to limit to many inquiries on one report.

Thanks in advance for your feed back
Message 2 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approval! 

I got mine on Feb 3rd, this year. I’ve hit the Luv button a couple of times. No increases as of yet. I’ve read on here that Synch is more receptive to online CLI requests after every 4th Statement. If you need an increase before then, the “backdoor numbers” thread has the appropriate telephone number(s) to call for Credit Solutions. Of course, YMMV. Hope this helps. Good luck!

Message 3 of 23
HindSight_20_20
Frequent Contributor

They Pulled TU for me.

Goal Score: EX 700|TU 700|EQ700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

HiltonHonors AMEX 2K | Amazon Store CC $800 | Bed Bath & Beyond 2K | Lowes CC 11K | Cap 1 Secured $500 | Cap 1 Plat $300 | Cap 1 Savor 1K |Citi Secured $200 | Target $500 | Kohl's $1K | Truist Cashback 4.5K | Penfed Power Cash Back 3.5K |Apple Pay CC 3K | Venmo Sig Visa 7.5K | SECU 13.5K | Bragg Mutual FCU 10K | Best Buy Citi Visa $2.5K | DiscoverIT CB 11.5K
Message 4 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi, can you tell me which credit B did care credit pull your credit from? I would like to apply but want to limit to many inquiries on one report.

Thanks in advance for your feed back

Synch pulled TU for me.

Message 5 of 23
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

With luv button its typically every 4th statement and anytime with a call to Credit Solutions. Grats on the card Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your feed back
Message 7 of 23
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

YOU...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

CONGRATS on your Approval!!!

I got approved for the CareCredit card on Oct. 5th with a $5,000 SL and I logged into my account once I got access and immediately hit the LUV button for an increase to $7,000.  The response was a CLI to $8,400.

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 8 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your Care Credit approval.  I got mine when my wife (ex-wife now) needed dental work.  It started at $2K.  Then later when she needed more that exceeded $2K, I called and asked for more and informed them of the specific reason for the requested increase, and they upped me to $4K.  A few years later I needed to cover the braces for both my kids, so I called again and gave them the specific reason for the request and they upped it to $12K.  Just this year I contemplated some cosmetic procedures.  although the $12K limit would've allowed for the $7.6K procedure, I called them and explained I'd like to keep my utilization lower and asked for $25K even though my anticipated purchase was only going to be $7.6K.  Again, they approved me for $25K.  Each CLI was a SP, and each time I called and spoke to a CSR so I could offer a little context to my request.  It isn't necessary, but I do believe it has helped me maintain a good relationship with them.  I hope this helps, Care Credit is one of the more versitile cards that doesn't give rewards or points!  If you ask your provider they are the ones that can offer promotional 6-24 month interest free purchases.  For that reason alone I always want to be in good communication with Synchrony.  It is my only Synchrony product in case anyone is wondering.  Good luck!

@HindSight_20_20 wrote:

Figured I'd give it a shot - 'approved'!  Just in time because DS's appointment is in two weeks.

Also a nice little addition to the credit file as I rebuild, the online profile is still being built.

My question to the Care Credit CC holders here is how long did you wait until you hit the CLI button?

Thanks!

Message 9 of 23
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations on your Care Credit approval.  I got mine when my wife (ex-wife now) needed dental work.  It started at $2K.  Then later when she needed more that exceeded $2K, I called and asked for more and informed them of the specific reason for the requested increase, and they upped me to $4K.  A few years later I needed to cover the braces for both my kids, so I called again and gave them the specific reason for the request and they upped it to $12K.  Just this year I contemplated some cosmetic procedures.  although the $12K limit would've allowed for the $7.6K procedure, I called them and explained I'd like to keep my utilization lower and asked for $25K even though my anticipated purchase was only going to be $7.6K.  Again, they approved me for $25K.  Each CLI was a SP, and each time I called and spoke to a CSR so I could offer a little context to my request.  It isn't necessary, but I do believe it has helped me maintain a good relationship with them.  I hope this helps, Care Credit is one of the more versitile cards that doesn't give rewards or points!  If you ask your provider they are the ones that can offer promotional 6-24 month interest free purchases.  For that reason alone I always want to be in good communication with Synchrony.  It is my only Synchrony product in case anyone is wondering.  Good luck!

@HindSight_20_20 wrote:

Thanks!

Thanks for showing me how to get my CareCredit account to $25K!Smiley LOL

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.