cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chances of getting approved for Amazon Visa for first card? - Update: Approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chances of getting approved for Amazon Rewards Visa Signature for first card?

1_3dx3bwNvXfD1-ipTXK0AHQ.jpeg

Message 11 of 27
thornback
Senior Contributor

Re: Chances of getting approved for Amazon Rewards Visa Signature for first card?

They would just have to agree to write a letter confirming they supplement your income $x each month. My parents were willing to verify a $400 / month supplemental income for me and listed that as an "additional asset" on my app (never actually received that amount monthly though - we arrived at that amount based on car insurance and the cell phone bill they were paying anyway).
Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 12 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Amazon Rewards VISA is one of the easiest cards to be approved for. If your credit is 630 or more it’s no problem. Every card no matter the limit is a visa signature. If going over seas tho I’d recommend a Capital one with a thin file. It’s no foreign transaction fees. This Amazon card isn’t a high tiered card. I know a few have said it is. 

Message 13 of 27
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Not sure how to reply to everyone so I hope I'm doing this right.

Hi @Anonymous, and welcome to myFICO! welcome.gif 

Here's a thread that explains how to quote a post:  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Community-Feature-FAQ-s/How-to-Quote-a-Post/td-p/2603189

If you're using a mobile device, you'll have to switch to the desktop view for the option to work.  Smiley Wink

Message 14 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Not sure about your chances if you aren't pre-qualified with Discover. But I'm sure your chances are still better than with Chase. If you're interested, you could get the secured version of the card. It still earns the same cashback on gas and restaurants as the unsecured card. From reading this forum, it seems that it also typically unsecures at around 7 months or so.

That's true. And being able to see my TU FICO score would be pretty great... Based on what others have posted here though I'll try apping Amazon for the 0% FTF/Visa global acceptance and a relationship with Chase and save the Discover for after. Or later to maximize the matchback. Thanks for the suggestion and info! I totally just assumed the secured card didn't have any benefits and forgot about Discover when I didn't prequalify. 

@UncleB wrote:

Hi @Anonymous, and welcome to myFICO! welcome.gif 

Here's a thread that explains how to quote a post:  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Community-Feature-FAQ-s/How-to-Quote-a-Post/td-p/2603189

If you're using a mobile device, you'll have to switch to the desktop view for the option to work.  Smiley Wink

Thank you so much! I was wondering how people were doing that heh.

Message 15 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pulled the trigger and got approved instantly! Thanks so much guys. Smiley Happy 

Message 16 of 27
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Pulled the trigger and got approved instantly! Thanks so much guys.

That's AWESOME news Smiley Happy Congrats Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fantastic. Congrats.
Message 18 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to verify. If I am approved for a Chase Amazon Rewards, it will not count towards the 5/24 rule. Correct? I am at 4/24 now and want to apply for the Chase Freedom in a few more months. 

Message 19 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Amazon will count towards 5/24 just like any other credit card. Why did you think it wouldn't?
Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.