Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase CLI surprise

tag
severine
Contributor

Chase CLI surprise

I got the Chase Freedom and CSP in August, both with 5k CLs. (Actually initially I got the CSP with a 10k limit and then immediately apped for the Freedom. They told me to call CS and asked if I'd be willing to split the 10k between the two cards. That was fine by me). It's been 6 months (time flies, y'all) and I love both cards and use the hell out of them and pay the balance in full each month. I called the recon number last week to see if I could get a CLI, they told me it was HP no matter what. Since I have had 5 HPs in the last year and will be getting a new car loan this spring, I told them that I would wait until August when they will all drop off. I decided I was ok with waiting. Several days later I logged on and saw that the CL on my CSP had been increased to 9k! I was so surprised--did my call trigger this? Has something like this happened to you before?

Amex PR Gold NPSL | Amex BCP 16.5k| Amex Delta Gold Skymiles 14.9k | Amex BSP 5k | Discover 12.5k | Citi Diamond Preferred 11.9k | Chase Freedom 12k | Chase Sapphire Preferred 12k | US Bank Cash + Visa 13k | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Signature Visa 9.5k | M and T Bank Visa 10.9k | FICO TU 784 EQ 768 EX 784
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Chase CLI surprise

@severine wrote:

I got the Chase Freedom and CSP in August, both with 5k CLs. (Actually initially I got the CSP with a 10k limit and then immediately apped for the Freedom. They told me to call CS and asked if I'd be willing to split the 10k between the two cards. That was fine by me). It's been 6 months (time flies, y'all) and I love both cards and use the hell out of them and pay the balance in full each month. I called the recon number last week to see if I could get a CLI, they told me it was HP no matter what. Since I have had 5 HPs in the last year and will be getting a new car loan this spring, I told them that I would wait until August when they will all drop off. I decided I was ok with waiting. Several days later I logged on and saw that the CL on my CSP had been increased to 9k! I was so surprised--did my call trigger this? Has something like this happened to you before?

CONGRATS!!!!

Likely someone manually reviewed your account for you and did you a really nice solid!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 6
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

Awesome!!!  and Congrats!!!

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 3 of 6
VeggieTales
Established Member

I was actually wondering if this happened to someone else as well. I opened my Chase Freedom card 3 months ago and today noticed that I got a $500 increase (from $3000 to $3500). I've never asked for a CLI, and I haven't had the card for very long, so it was a pleasant surprise! Congrats to your CLI

Chase $4K | Citi Dividend Platinum Select $2K | Citi Forward $2K | Capital One Platinum $2K | Discover IT $1.6K| Capital One Journey $750 | Bank of America Cash Rewards $500 | Macy's Store $500 |
Starting Score: 652 (TU, 04/15)
Current Score: 652 (TU, 04/15)
Goal Score: 800

Message 4 of 6
Epcot
Valued Contributor

That's great, Congrats!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 5 of 6
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Another great Chase CLI story. Congrats on the CLI. I cant wait for my 6 months with my CSP

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.