Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Flex 4 years post BK!!!!

tag
dangerously_caffeinated
Valued Member

Chase Freedom Flex 4 years post BK!!!!

Hey MyFico - 

My, oh my.... I don't know what to say. I think I've done the impossible. I filed for Ch7 BK in April of 2018, it was discharged October of 2018 and today I was just approved for the Chase Freedom Flex at $1,800 CL! With the 5% back on gas and $200 sub! I included Chase in my BK for about 6k on the Amazon card.  APR is the highest it can be, but I never carry a balance.

I've applied multiple times for a Chase card (3 times since my BK) I was instantly denied yesterday and called into recon. After being on the phone for about 10 minutes the representative came back and said I was still denied.. feeling determined to get back in with Chase I called recon again today and spoke to a very nice rep who did a stellar job of helping me out, after ~30 minutes he told me the app had to go for secondary review and I should follow up by end of the week. About 10 minutes later, I logged into my Chase portal and saw the Freedom Flex in my account!

freedom-flex.PNG

I bank exclusively with Chase but don't keep any money in the account, as soon as the paycheck hits I disperse to other avenues. Ally etc etc.

I am ecstatic! I bank with Chase and now plan to repsonibly use this card to eventually get my Trifecta within the next 1-2 years (fingers crossed!) My scores as of June were 

EQ: 661

TU: 653

EX: 660

Income is $115,500

3/24 when applied.

Venture X: 30K

SavorOne: 1K

QS: 5250

Apple card: 2K

Mercury card: 2750

For those of you working through BK don't give up, stay persistent and be wise with the accounts you open!

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
CardHunter
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Flex 4 years post BK!!!!

@dangerously_caffeinated wrote:

Hey MyFico - 

My, oh my.... I don't know what to say. I think I've done the impossible. I filed for Ch7 BK in April of 2018, it was discharged October of 2018 and today I was just approved for the Chase Freedom Flex at $1,800 CL! With the 5% back on gas and $200 sub! I included Chase in my BK for about 6k on the Amazon card.  APR is the highest it can be, but I never carry a balance.

I've applied multiple times for a Chase card (3 times since my BK) I was instantly denied yesterday and called into recon. After being on the phone for about 10 minutes the representative came back and said I was still denied.. feeling determined to get back in with Chase I called recon again today and spoke to a very nice rep who did a stellar job of helping me out, after ~30 minutes he told me the app had to go for secondary review and I should follow up by end of the week. About 10 minutes later, I logged into my Chase portal and saw the Freedom Flex in my account!

freedom-flex.PNG

I bank exclusively with Chase but don't keep any money in the account, as soon as the paycheck hits I disperse to other avenues. Ally etc etc.

I am ecstatic! I bank with Chase and now plan to repsonibly use this card to eventually get my Trifecta within the next 1-2 years (fingers crossed!) My scores as of June were 

EQ: 661

TU: 653

EX: 660

Income is $115,500

3/24 when applied.

Venture X: 30K

SavorOne: 1K

QS: 5250

Apple card: 2K

Mercury card: 2750

For those of you working through BK don't give up, stay persistent and be wise with the accounts you open!

Very nice, congrats!

Message 2 of 26
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your CFF approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 3 of 26
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

WooHoo!! Congratulations on your CFF Approval!!👏🏼🍾🥂

Message 4 of 26
805orbust
Valued Contributor

Wow!!!  Congratulations on getting the nod of approval from Chase! 

Message 5 of 26
MySunrise271
Established Contributor

Congratulations on your Chase FF approval🎉🎉🎉

Message 6 of 26
pip3man
Valued Contributor

Congrats on this achievement! At this point I am highly convinced Chase recently revised their lending policies in relation to bankruptcy cos just under a year ago, you could never even with an aged 9 yr old BK let alone 4yrs. Now to figure out what exactly is their waiting period. Where the Guinea pigs at lol 🤔

Message 7 of 26
Kasuito39
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on your Chase approval with BK 7. This is definitely an eye opener and thanks for sharing the data. 

Message 8 of 26
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Message 9 of 26
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

CONGRATS!!!!!

Was CHASE included in your bk7 ?

{ BK7 DC 12/2019 } target 1600/ kohls Visa 7000/ discover IT cb 6500 / 2nd discover IT cb 6000/mercury 4100 / firestone 2800 /legacy 3000 /first savings bank cc 3000/ cap1 QS 5000/ cap 1 savor one 3100 /Bread rewards Amex 4k, Penfed PCR signature visa 10k/ penfed gold 7.5k NFCU >signature visa cash rewards 21700/bread cashback amex 8000

>/ nfcu platinum 15k, BABY NEEDS NEW SHOES !!!!!
closed-- reflex, applied bank, first digital, mission lane, ikea, fingerhut, big lots, valero gasoline, ollo, more to come
Rebuilding since September 2020
who i burned - chase, cap 1, TD bank, Sync, were the biggies
Income 40k
Total utilization around 20 pct depending on my current usage/needs
Ficos in the 680 - 690 range, the 9's slightly higher than the 8's
My vantage scores 708 - 711
TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.