Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Freedom Unlimited

Congrats!

Out of curiosity did you get a SUB or 3% for the first year?

The 3% offer started showing up last week for in branch approvals.
Message 13 of 18
Wizard10
Contributor

Congrats on the new card 

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’ll be 100% honest, I’m not sure. I was on my way to work and wasn’t planning on doing this so I was speeding through the app process. I’ll report back when I find out for sure.
Message 15 of 18
CreditCharmer
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I’m sure there’s a thread somewhere but what’s the whole spade and garden thing? I’d love to read up on it. Thanks for all the help and info.

The spade is a symbol that they use to indicate your gardening status.  There are different color spades for different months of gardening.  I have gold to celebrate 6 months.  The link below will give you the entire story.  I hope this helps

@Anonymous wrote:
I’m sure there’s a thread somewhere but what’s the whole spade and garden thing? I’d love to read up on it. Thanks for all the help and info.

This month's Garden Club thread can be found here:  https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Personal-Finance/Garden-Club-April-2019/td-p/5559418

Credit is a lot like a Reputation....It takes 20 years to build it and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, and you will do things differently.

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 16 of 18
CreditCharmer
Regular Contributor

Back Door the hell out of it!!!  Good Stuff.  Smiley Tongue

@Taurus22 wrote:

You "backdoor"ed the 5/24 rule......very nice! Congrats! Smiley Wink

Credit is a lot like a Reputation....It takes 20 years to build it and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, and you will do things differently.

Message 17 of 18
CreditCharmer
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Decided to go in branch to withdrawal some cash and the teller told me I was  pre approved for a credit card. I'm over 5/24 so I decided to see what it was about so I sat down with the branch manager.  He said I was approved for the FU, Slate, United Explorer and United Club card. Went with the Freedom Unlimited and was approved instantly for 13,900 and my online profile updated before I left the branch with the account number and everything. I'm honestly still a little shocked.  

Congratulations!!!  That's a great starting limit.  Your scores must be awesome.  I'm currently gardening so that I can qualify for the Chase Freedom Unlimited.  5/24 is the devil.  The word on the street is that they're opening a Chase Branch in Raleigh, NC.  I'll be the first one there to open an account. 

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.