Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Marriott - Decline... Update: Approved

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Chase Marriott - Decline... Update: Approved

They started using the Fico EX V2 score which I don't like, mine 661. My Fico 8 is 712.

Declined for Inquiries... SHOCK FACE! LOL

I mean besides my normal credit card applying, we purchased a condo in April, gut remodeled it and put new AC in, now currently refinancing it, I refinanced my Lexus, I purchased a Tesla after ordering it 3 times and applying twice ( I should have talked myself out of that one).

I called into verification and asked to be transferred, he put me on hold at least 8 times at 1-2 minutes each... guess that's the new process to just keep coming back and saying working on it!

Finally came back... The system allowed it to go to 2nd final review... hmm.

Mod note:  I've updated your subject to reflect your approval; feel free to change/edit if you would like.  --UB

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase Marriott - Decline... Recon... and Waiting!

I'm assuming you're under 5/24, but was that the only reason listed for the decline?

Message 2 of 32
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Good luck !

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 3 of 32
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

Can't wait to hear what they say lol

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 4 of 32
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

I'm assuming you're under 5/24, but was that the only reason listed for the decline?

No, way over 5.

that was only decline reason on letter

Message 5 of 32
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

😱🤩 just logged in!

63C679FE-9CBB-40AB-B1BB-A3D0314BE48E.jpeg

Message 6 of 32
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Creditaddict wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

No, way over 5.

that was only decline reason on letter

Sorry, just to clarify, you've opened more than 5 revolving accounts in the past 2 years?

Although they can cite inquiries as one reason, especially since they've tightened up UW a bit, their main focus is still the number of accounts opened in the past 24 months (excluding personal/installment loans, mortgages, auto financing).  Typically, the 5/24 decision cannot be overturned.  

Message 7 of 32
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Creditaddict wrote:

😱🤩 just logged in!

63C679FE-9CBB-40AB-B1BB-A3D0314BE48E.jpeg

Well Jimminy Christmas 😜.  Congrats on the approval @Creditaddict !

Message 8 of 32
addicted_to_credit
Established Contributor

Congrats @Creditaddict , For clarification, what is way over 5/24 like how many over 5?

undefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedMy ImageMy ImageMy ImageMy Image
Message 9 of 32
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats.. Did CA break the 5/24 rule or chase relaxing it? hmm..

Message 10 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.