Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Preferred Approval :-)

tag
SarahJo
Established Contributor

Chase Sapphire Preferred Approval :-)

I still can't believe I have this hot little metal thang in my hand, it has been a long time goal card.   I have been working for a year waiting to get under 5/24 to be eligible.  On September 1, 2019 a new account turned 2 and I was 4/24 at the time of the app.  I have a Chase car loan that has been open since January.  The week prior to applying, my husband's car was finally requiring repairs for more than it's worth and I opened another Chase car loan.  Keeping in mind the car loans don't factor into 5/24 I took the plunge (yes there are 2 car loans on my credit, but my house is paid for, so no other debt).

I did not have a green check offer, but was "prequalified" for the Chase Freedom, Freedom Unlimited, and the Preferred.  Scores have not changed in signature since time of application.  I was sent the "Thank you for your interest," email and called the line.  Robo-Susan said 30 days.  That same afternoon I recieved a call to verify my identity and was told congratulations I have been approved!  $6,700 SL and had the card expedited, it's so pretty haha.  We have a vacation coming up and we can't wait to break it in to see that SUB!  60,000 for $4000 spend in 3 months was my offer. 

At the moment of application I received alerts that TU and EX were pulled, I live in NY.

Present Day...Equifax: ???, TransUnion: 777, Experian: 781
Sept. 2016...Equifax: 652, TransUnion: 608, Experian: 597
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred Approval :-)

Congrats on your approval!

Message 2 of 18
LittleSal
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! Nice SL
Message 3 of 18
CivalV
Established Contributor

Congratulations!🎉

Where did you see that you were prequalified? I went into the branch and the rep showed me on his screen that all their credit cards showed up with preapproved. I didnt take the plunge because I am working on my overall UTL. The rep also stated to make the Sapphire worth it I’d need to spend about $20,000 plus travel 😰🤣
Message 4 of 18
Creditsen
Regular Contributor

Congrats! This is my favorite card!

Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!

Message 6 of 18
Drwaz99
Established Contributor

Awesome! Congrats!

Message 7 of 18
SarahJo
Established Contributor

@CivalV wrote:
Congratulations!🎉

Where did you see that you were prequalified? I went into the branch and the rep showed me on his screen that all their credit cards showed up with preapproved. I didnt take the plunge because I am working on my overall UTL. The rep also stated to make the Sapphire worth it I’d need to spend about $20,000 plus travel 😰🤣

I saw the black starred prequalification when checking "Just For You" offers while logged into my auto loan and Credit Journey.  My UTL at the time of the app was 2%.  

I'm not so sure about the card only being "worth it" if you spend $20,000+ for travel...did the rep say annually?  Maybe someone else can chime in that has more experience with the card.  We travel several times per year, and don't cheap out, but it's not $20,000 worth haha.

Present Day...Equifax: ???, TransUnion: 777, Experian: 781
Sept. 2016...Equifax: 652, TransUnion: 608, Experian: 597
Message 8 of 18
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

CongratsSmiley Happy
Message 9 of 18
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

CongratulationsSmiley Happy

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.