Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase: There Can Be Life After Death

tag
EW800
Valued Contributor

Chase: There Can Be Life After Death

Just thought I would share a Chase experience that I have had over the past week or so, knowing that they tend to have memories longer than most people are alive!  

About ten years ago, my wife and I went through very ugly times.  We had a foreclosure and had to do a settlement with Chase on a CC account.  Chase ended up eating more than $10K, however I did meet all terms of the Settlement and I was extremely nice and professional through the whole ugly ordeal.  Knowing that I was on Chase's Naughty List, I figured they would never allow me to see the light of day, ever!  

Last week I decided to stick my toe in the water with them, by applying for the Chase Amazon Visa Card.  When I applied, I received the message stating that a manual review was required and that I would receive an answer in about 30 days.  I was certain that was prelude to a denial letter, however some great people within the Applications section of this form let me know that the message may not be bad news.  A couple of people even indicated that it sounded positive.  

This morning I received a call from Chase Bank.  A rep stated that they had my application and just wanted to confirm my ID.  Once I proved I am me, she stated that I had been approved and that my starting credit limit will be $6K!  Needless to say, I was very pleased.  The Amazon Visa Card really is not that important to me, but more so I am just happy to know that it appears I am off their "you are dead to me" list.  The $6K starting limit is about the lowest of all my cards, however I know I am just lucky to be in the door at all.  Perhaps it will grow in time.  

As far as my profile, as shown below, my FICO 8's and 9's are all 850 (six pack), and have been for about 24 straight months now.  I only allow about $10 to $50 dollars show on one or two accounts.  Up until I applied for this account, I had zero inquiries.  Despite the reputation that Chase has, they seemed to have liked what they saw within my profile, and can be forgiving at times.   

As a reference, this app was one hard pull to Experian .   There is no sign that they pulled EQ or TU.  I hate HP's, but I figure this personal accomplishment may have been worth taking the one hit.  

Thanks to all for the great support, advice and encouragement!  

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 839; EQ8: 845; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Chase: There Can Be Life After Death

WOOHOO!  That's great!  Congratulations on your approval!!

Message 2 of 29
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 3 of 29
PullingMeSoftly
Valued Contributor

Congrats, great comeback!

Message 4 of 29
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Even if Chase chased you EWay, you will still be our Disco   LeaderSmiley Happy. Big grats. I think if i ever achieved what you have, all 850s and 0 inqs with superhigh limits id never app againSmiley Wink  But alas just like money we cant take hps or ccs with us so might as well have funSmiley Happy

Message 5 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's a pretty nice approval to burn $10K and get approved for $6K! Usually those limits are much smaller lol. Congrats!

Message 6 of 29
MyFault
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your Chase Amazon approval!

|  
Message 7 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approval!

Message 8 of 29
EW800
Valued Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

Even if Chase chased you EWay, you will still be our Disco   LeaderSmiley Happy. Big grats. I think if i ever achieved what you have, all 850s and 0 inqs with superhigh limits id never app againSmiley Wink  But alas just like money we cant take hps or ccs with us so might as well have funSmiley Happy

Thanks @AverageJoesCredit.  Great memory!  My Disco CL is still sitting at a whopping $73.7K.  I am still baffled that it hasn't been reduced, as I am only giving them maybe $100 a love or so a month.  

Agree, may as well have some fun!  I certainly do not need this new Chase account, but there was just something gnawing at me that I just wanted to get back in the door with them.  I guess there are worse things we could be obsessed about.  Smiley LOL

Thanks again! 

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 839; EQ8: 845; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 9 of 29
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the Amazon approval and back in with Chase.

Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.