Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chevron/Texaco Upgrade

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chevron/Texaco Upgrade

Finally got my new Chevron/Texaco card.  Got upgrade letter a month and a half ago.  Card came in the mail yesterday.  Limit was at $2800.  Called in to activate the card and was told before the phone call ended that my new limit forthe card is now $5000.  Pretty sweet.  Didn't have to do anything.  Interest rate isn't great, but I pay in full, so not to shabby. 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Chevron/Texaco Upgrade

Awesome, so now its a visa?
Message 2 of 10
schsa210
Established Contributor

Congrats on your upgrade!!!

I was just increased from $650 to $1,500.  How long did you have your gas card before receiving the letter? Much usage?

~buried myself in the garden~
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Awesome, so now its a visa?

Thanks AverageJoesCredit.

Yah.  It's a Visa now.  I guess if your score goes above 700, then they make it a  Visa.  Would like to get the upgrade for Walmart and Sam's Club.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got the card in April/May last year.  Got letter in August, so 15/16 months.  Congrats on your increase.

Message 5 of 10
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

I kind of sort of wished that i had gone this route in selecting Chevron/Texaco instead of the BP Visa which i ended up closing.

It as other Synchrony cards, do grow well in time.

Congratulations! on the new upgrade!

Message 6 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Nice! BigDaddy63!. Always nice to have an upgrade. Im kinda on the bubble if i was upgraded for Sams or Walmart. It would be great to have the mcs, more acceptance, better perks,etc but only thing that would make me pause now is that it would become a new account and for me im still with a relatively young aaol. Guess ill have to see when time comes but again enjoy your new VisaSmiley Happy
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

I kind of sort of wished that i had gone this route in selecting Chevron/Texaco instead of the BP Visa which i ended up closing.

It as other Synchrony cards, do grow well in time.

Congratulations! on the new upgrade!

Where I live there are no BP stations, so I didn't want to get stuck with a store card I couldn't use. I've never had an upgrade so I don't know what to expect.  Both accounts are still there when I log on.  I guess it takes a bit before the store card doesn't show up anymore.  

Thanks for your reply.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Nice! BigDaddy63!. Always nice to have an upgrade. Im kinda on the bubble if i was upgraded for Sams or Walmart. It would be great to have the mcs, more acceptance, better perks,etc but only thing that would make me pause now is that it would become a new account and for me im still with a relatively young aaol. Guess ill have to see when time comes but again enjoy your new VisaSmiley Happy

I don't have any plans to apply for any new cards soon.  I got in with PenFed and Barclays 6 months ago.  Don't know if Barclays will AA me for this new account.  If they do, I'll just close the card.  I joined NFCU a couple of months ago, so I might apply for a credit product with them in a year or so.  I pretty much have all I need.  Myfico has helped me get more credit than I imagined I would have so I'm pretty satisfied.

Message 9 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Yeah im in with Penfed as well . Was approved for a personal loan and the Promise but only $500 cl. My attempts to cli that baby have been futile due to bk but hopefully when it falls off i can get something better. I just cant afford any more hps on my eq so itll have wait along while. I dont have the profile that many who are successful getting those big cls from Penfed have not sure i will wver but i want to maybe use them to but new car in 2 years so maybe by then ill have a strong profileSmiley Happy

Agree on not getting a card you cant even use. Whats the point? Lol. NFCU would love in got my Navy League membership but am hesitant to pull trigger as im just too many inqs on TU and Eq. Holdin off a bit more on that but i have really reached the point that i actually have more than enough credit cards for my portfolio. Always nice to improve on what we got though huhSmiley Happy
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.