Legendary Contributor

Re: Citi Rewards+ CLI

@Anonymous wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Ficoproblems247 wrote:

Shouldn't you be off somewhere applying for a Cash+ or something? JK. Glad you got your increase and back over 100k TCL! It's nice you got to take that one back off of the chopping block. I think about the cards that I will likely be closing and it pains me lol! They're like my little children I have been nurturing as they grow! Smiley LOL

I am waiting until I'm AZEO next month. Well that's the plan anyway. Apple Card hasn't reported to TU but has to the other two so as long as US Bank pulls EX like they did the last two times I applied for the card I should be the most optimized I can possibly be. If they still don't like me, I'll give up lol. 

Yeah I have struggled to close cards since I started collecting them. The only ones I have closed are Synchrony because I realized that having a $10K CareCredit, $10K PayPal, $10K Amazon, $7500 B&H, and $2K Marvel was putting my most used card, the Amazon, at risk. So I chopped CareCredit, PayPal, B&H, and now I'll be losing Marvel next month. 

I have a $1K DCU, $2K WS VISA, and $3K Discover Miles on the block still and I would like BBVA to give me an increase on my $2K ClearPoints. That would just leave my $800 Target and $2K QuickSilver (oldest card, I know I shouldn't close it) under $5K out of 18 cards. 

My profile is littered with 1k cards, i like to think of them as my true profile.   I miss @Anonymous Smiley Sad

I don't like having low limits. My profile should support $5K+ with most lenders. I mean even Chase would probably give me $9K or so eventually. 

I feel ya. I have a Service CU 1k limit that doesnt even work lol. Talk about uselessSmiley Wink. Navy Plat at $1k but that was by choice to be able to bt on my new Plat . $1500 from OFCU, another useless pick up lol. And $1700 WM MC , I closed my $15k store card, which will never see a cli because well its Cap OneSmiley Wink.

If i get one more increase from Navy in May, i think im going one and done . Give all my spend to Navy as theyve treated me better than is realistically deserved. If others close so be it. With no money to spend, getting mass amounts of ccs no longer is worth itSmiley Wink  Having achieved about $280k + in cc limits, open/closed in last 5 years plus, ive accomplished alot for such low income. 

Cant wait to see you pull off US Bank @Anonymous Smiley Happy

I have been tempted to dramatically simplify my card life myself but I don't know that I could actually do it. I did at least put the bulk of my cards in my safe so that my wallet doesn't look and feel like a brick anymore.

Your success has definitely been amazing. My TCL including closed cards is like $141K which isn't bad considering that I was pretty selective about cards. 

Yeah thats awesome.  Ive been seriously thinking of closing all Amex cards except one and just have one big limit if they will allow me. I dont think ill ever see another cli as every time i try now they say i credit seek, my income is too low and not happy with how i pif their accountsSmiley Wink.  Most likely stick with the CM since its nice looking card and im a cb kinda guySmiley Wink

Message 31 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Ficoproblems247 wrote:

Shouldn't you be off somewhere applying for a Cash+ or something? JK. Glad you got your increase and back over 100k TCL! It's nice you got to take that one back off of the chopping block. I think about the cards that I will likely be closing and it pains me lol! They're like my little children I have been nurturing as they grow! Smiley LOL

I am waiting until I'm AZEO next month. Well that's the plan anyway. Apple Card hasn't reported to TU but has to the other two so as long as US Bank pulls EX like they did the last two times I applied for the card I should be the most optimized I can possibly be. If they still don't like me, I'll give up lol. 

Yeah I have struggled to close cards since I started collecting them. The only ones I have closed are Synchrony because I realized that having a $10K CareCredit, $10K PayPal, $10K Amazon, $7500 B&H, and $2K Marvel was putting my most used card, the Amazon, at risk. So I chopped CareCredit, PayPal, B&H, and now I'll be losing Marvel next month. 

I have a $1K DCU, $2K WS VISA, and $3K Discover Miles on the block still and I would like BBVA to give me an increase on my $2K ClearPoints. That would just leave my $800 Target and $2K QuickSilver (oldest card, I know I shouldn't close it) under $5K out of 18 cards. 

My profile is littered with 1k cards, i like to think of them as my true profile.   I miss @Anonymous Smiley Sad

I don't like having low limits. My profile should support $5K+ with most lenders. I mean even Chase would probably give me $9K or so eventually. 

I feel ya. I have a Service CU 1k limit that doesnt even work lol. Talk about uselessSmiley Wink. Navy Plat at $1k but that was by choice to be able to bt on my new Plat . $1500 from OFCU, another useless pick up lol. And $1700 WM MC , I closed my $15k store card, which will never see a cli because well its Cap OneSmiley Wink.

If i get one more increase from Navy in May, i think im going one and done . Give all my spend to Navy as theyve treated me better than is realistically deserved. If others close so be it. With no money to spend, getting mass amounts of ccs no longer is worth itSmiley Wink  Having achieved about $280k + in cc limits, open/closed in last 5 years plus, ive accomplished alot for such low income. 

Cant wait to see you pull off US Bank @Anonymous Smiley Happy

I have been tempted to dramatically simplify my card life myself but I don't know that I could actually do it. I did at least put the bulk of my cards in my safe so that my wallet doesn't look and feel like a brick anymore.

Your success has definitely been amazing. My TCL including closed cards is like $141K which isn't bad considering that I was pretty selective about cards. 

Yeah thats awesome.  Ive been seriously thinking of closing all Amex cards except one and just have one big limit if they will allow me. I dont think ill ever see another cli as every time i try now they say i credit seek, my income is too low and not happy with how i pif their accountsSmiley Wink.  Most likely stick with the CM since its nice looking card and im a cb kinda guySmiley Wink

Yeah I realized that my CM is only $3K so I guess that will be my next card I request a CLI on. I'm at $8K with AMEX right now so I'm not expecting to be able to get much more. 

Message 32 of 34
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

Wow @Anonymous , Congratulations !! You are Killing It !!

Happy Dance GIF by Ally Brooke - Find & Share on GIPHY

[4/24] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1-2%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 3, TU 2. AoOA=15.8y, AoYA=8m.
TCL $678.5K: Personal $562.5K, Business $116K.
Message 33 of 34
heeseon
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations

TU789 EQ786 EX791(05/23)
Message 34 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.