Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citibank DoubleCash CLI @ Activation

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citibank DoubleCash CLI @ Activation

@Anonymous wrote:

So, I recently received my Citibank DC card, and made my standard new CC purchase of a 12 pack of beer, but I decided I was unhappy with the starting limit of $1200 so I hit the online CLI button(the verbiage indicated that a HP will be required, but I haven't seen any alerts yet) and requested a $7500 limit(I picked the number somewhat randomly) last night. I received a message on submitting the request stating that I would receive a response in 48 hours(I assumed it was a denial) via email and within 2 weeks via mail, but I just logged into my online account moments ago to see that my new limit is $7500!

I'd say a 625% CLI is worth an extra HP...

Congrat's on the CL increase, but while I'd be happy, I'd also be upset if they HP'd me a second time for the increase immediately after receiving the card. I mean, what really changed for them between the time you received the card and they did the HP, and the CL increase request ?? Shouldn't they have just started you at a much higher CL to begin with ?? It's impossible to figure out how these companies go about doing business sometimes. 

Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats op
Message 12 of 19
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Yes I do know that no profile is the same in this credit business at least according to creditors so your ability to get the cli  immediately was probably just a matter of perfect timing on your part and my congrats to you for the accomplishment indeed!

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 13 of 19
jawbrkr
Established Contributor

Congrats!! Who did they pull when approved and when you requested the CLI? They approved my TYPremier by pulling EX. I want to request but hoping they pull another bureau. I dont need any more inqs on EX. Also, anyone know if Citi will counter if requested amount is higher than they will allow or is it straight denial if not approved?

|| TU08: 811 || EQ08: 811 || EX08: 802 ||

Message 14 of 19
alextercero
Super Contributor

Congrats

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (April 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your nice CLI!
Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your very nice CLI! This is a wonderful card! Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 19
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Very nice! At least they allowed you to even HP without waiting!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 18 of 19
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

Very nice congrats

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.