Did you mean: 

Confused with Amex decisions

tag
Berk
Established Contributor

Re: Confused with Amex decisions

@Maxi11510 wrote:

Berk,

I just signed up for the $200 credit they offer and was advised when I receive the card to go online and sign up for all of them.  I fly Delta also and fly into Portland in September, so as I have a JetBlue card as well with a $195 credit on it I had Amex place the $200 credit on Jetblue. Then next years $200 credit will probably go on my Delta Amex as I have a wedding to attend in the Bahamas. 

My $200.00 was gone in about three weeks as I used it for lounge access for one of my co-workers that I travel with. In September 5 of us have a 3.5 hr lay-over in ATL. I know where I'll be. Can't say the same for my co-workers as they are pig headed and won't spend the money on the Plat card. Too bad for them.....

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Maxi11510 wrote:

Good morning Fico family,

I am currently gardening, however at least once a week I check the Amex preapproved website to see if I can finally get this BCE. For  months I have applied for this card and have been declined,  however I am constantly offered the platinum charge card???.  I need assistance from those of you who are more experienced with American Express than I am. I have there every day card and the Delta sky Miles. So yesterday  although still in the garden I clicked on the platinum offer it only asked for my income and I was immediately approved!  So I have 2 questions. The first question is am I still consider gardening there was no hard pull,  and my second question is why would they approve me for the platinum charge card and not the BCE?   Someone please help! My scores aren't even that great I'm rebuilding, completely confused at this point!

You do know that just because a card is not on prequalify site doesn't mean you won't be approved.  I was only showing green card with no rewards. And applied for PRG with 50000 points and BCE with 250 cash bonus and was approved for both.

Message 12 of 18
Maxi11510
Contributor

Hi frogman1,

Yes, I did apply for the BCEand the the application was declined again. I will wait until until the middle of 2019 to apply again. For now I will just enjoy my ED, Delta and Platinum Amex cards. Along with the others especially my two favorites Chase freedom unlimited and Chase Sapphire rewards😉. I was actually  considering closing my BOA rewards card as it is a secured card but that decision is still up in the air. Congrats on the BCE and PRG excellent cards! Enjoy them. Back to the garden for me for some time.

Message 13 of 18
Maxi11510
Contributor

Berk, 

thank goodness for for those special perks that come along with this card. I hate layovers especially when the exceed more than 45 mins! Enjoy the lounge! 

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Maxi11510 wrote:

Hi Berk,

Yes I actually take 3 vacations a year and I travel a lot for business with the company reimbursement for airlines, hotel stays and food.

Congratulations on your AMEX Plat! With you vacations and business trips, the $550 AF will be well-worth it!

Message 15 of 18
Maxi11510
Contributor

Hi sleeplessinsf, 

Thank you, this has been a what seems to be long rebuilding journey. I am just happy to have this card although it has a $550 fee, I will be taking the advice of others and signing up all of the benefits that come with everything included to make the most out of this card.

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Maxi11510 wrote:

Hi sleeplessinsf, 

Thank you, this has been a what seems to be long rebuilding journey. I am just happy to have this card although it has a $550 fee, I will be taking the advice of others and signing up all of the benefits that come with everything included to make the most out of this card.

My pleasure, and BTW looks like we are both on this long journey. The $550 will be taken cared of in no time, with the $200 airline credit, $200 in Uber, and the $150 for a hotel stay the next 12 months.  AMEX had a buy 3, 4th night on them recently.  For sure that will happen again.

AMEX also declined my BCE app last April, and sent me an invite for PLAT and PRG.  No HPs though, which I am so happy about!  Did AMEX do a HP on you?

Message 17 of 18
Maxi11510
Contributor

Sleeplessinsf,

Thanks for the heads up regarding the hotel say. I hope they have that offer in September that I can use for my daughter when she goes Portland to to the layover so she can use it. There was no hard pull for me thank goodness. I have the Delta Amex and they offered me the  platinum version upgrade and I didn't take it. Maybe next time. Enjoy those cards!

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.