cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consumer Credit Union IL- pleasant experience so far!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Consumer Credit Union IL- pleasant experience so far!

I live in MO & My credit history is less than 2 years old and my aaoa is less than 1 year. But my utilization & payment history is perfect. I read a lot about the advantages of credit unions and so far i am member of penfed, alliant and consumers CUs. When i first tried to join Consumers Credit union last month i was  auto denied because their system could not verify me but it left a hard inquiry on my TU. I had read in myfico forums that some people were denied membership for same reason and they could remove the hp by emailing this Cu. I did the same . I emailed them asking them to remove the hp since they could not verify me. Next day i received a call from a very nice lady who not only verified me via phone  ( i had to upload the copy of my ssn & dl ) but also encouraged me to try for their cash back visa sig for the same hp. She told me if approbed i was eligible for 12% apr. And my TU was 725. But since i had opened couple new accounts in feb 2017 , the underwriter couldnt approve me . 

Fewdays ago this month i received my debit visa for shared checking and also there was an advertisement for their visa credit cards which said 1.99% for balance transfer for 15 months. It brought my attention back to their CCs . When i logged in online the same offer was there. I thought i will apply for their basic low rate card since i am really looking into lower apr ccs and applied for visa platinum. I asked for 5000$ & My Tu at this time is 727. The system processed the App and gave me loan status number.I applied on a saturday and i checked the status on monday afternoon and it says Approved. I was thinking they might ask me for some documents but so far no one has contacted me. And the account still is not showing up when i login. Can anyone who was approved for their cc online tell me the process after approval ? When do you think the account will show up online? 

Btw i have learnt from this forum that they auto CLI very often and they even pc visa platinum to their cash back visa sig.

They offer low apr cash advances without a fee & their ccs dont have balance transfer fees. Their free checking gives 4.59% Apy with some easy to meet conditionsScreenshot_20170411-061304.png

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Consumer Credit Union IL- pleasant experience so far!

Congratulations. Nice rare as well. I have heard good things on them. My ex has accounts there.
Message 2 of 4
heyryan
Frequent Contributor

I've been really happy with Consumers so far. I joined in December, and also got the cash rewards card. I've found the people I've dealt with to be really friendly, and the interest on the checking is awesome! Congrats on joining them!

Personal:

Business:

(TU Split File - FIXED!)
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

So after the online approval when do you see the credit card under loan information online ? The status says approved is it the final approval or someone will contact me ?

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.