09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Credit Limit Increase

Message 41 of 60
distantarray
Established Contributor

@gglam12 wrote:

I currently have a Capitol one rewards card at 10% and a BOA 1-2-3 rewards card at 10% also. I have no car payments or mortage payments. Will it affect my score if I apply for a new card? My avg account age is about 2 years.

Yes it will affect your score but not by much. If you only have 2 cards you'll go from 2 years to 1.33 AAOA but it'll bounce back within 6 months. I don't know about you but there are plenty of cards out there that are DAMN well worth it. Like Chase Ink if you can get approved is a point making machine. 

@Anonymous on Cable internet phone cellphone bills @ $300 a month will get you 18,000 points a year.   Personally I max out my card for 250,000 points a year ($50k spending) VERY easily Smiley Wink      and I'm not rich it's just a very interesting card. I only need 65k points to travel 11,000 miles round trip (12 hour time zone difference across the world)  when points are transfered to United

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 42 of 60
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Ahhh...so you do that on purpose?

what? vomit...not really.

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 43 of 60
distantarray
Established Contributor

general rule of thumb don't app within 6 months of looking for a mortgage

Message 44 of 60
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 45 of 60
myjourney
Super Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

@gglam12 wrote:

I currently have a Capitol one rewards card at 10% and a BOA 1-2-3 rewards card at 10% also. I have no car payments or mortage payments. Will it affect my score if I apply for a new card? My avg account age is about 2 years.

Yes it will affect your score but not by much. If you only have 2 cards you'll go from 2 years to 1.33 AAOA but it'll bounce back within 6 months. I don't know about you but there are plenty of cards out there that are DAMN well worth it. Like Chase Ink if you can get approved is a point making machine. 

@Anonymous on Cable internet phone cellphone bills @ $300 a month will get you 18,000 points a year.   Personally I max out my card for 250,000 points a year ($50k spending) OP please dont try this at home.....Smiley TongueVERY easily Smiley Wink      and I'm not rich it's just a very interesting card. I only need 65k points to travel 11,000 miles round trip (12 hour time zone difference across the world)  when points are transfered to United

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 46 of 60
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
I think Op's lost interest in us...ooops

i thought we were having fun....the OP started it with the crazy out of whack post.

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 47 of 60
gglam12
Established Member

Thanks for all of your help! I will be looking for a good card to apply for after I close on the house. If you can recommend any good cards that would be greatly appreciated. I don't travel much. My husband and I try to take a trip to Vietnam once every 3 years. Are there any cards that points or mileage do not expire?

Amex BCE 2K - BoA Cash Rewards 5K - Chase Freedom 3.5K - Chase Sapphire Preferred 5k -
Starting score: 643
Current score: 712 (11/22/13)
Goal score: 750+
Message 48 of 60
distantarray
Established Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@distantarray wrote:

@gglam12 wrote:

@Anonymous on Cable internet phone cellphone bills @ $300 a month will get you 18,000 points a year.   Personally I max out my card for 250,000 points a year ($50k spending) OP please dont try this at home.....Smiley TongueVERY easily Smiley Wink      and I'm not rich it's just a very interesting card. I only need 65k points to travel 11,000 miles round trip (12 hour time zone difference across the world)  when points are transfered to United

OP PLEASE try this at home, it's VERY easy Smiley Wink   I make 55k a year, you jus gotta get creative Smiley Wink

Message 49 of 60
myjourney
Super Contributor

@gglam12 wrote:

Thanks for all of your help! I will be looking for a good card to apply for after I close on the house. If you can recommend any good cards that would be greatly appreciated. I don't travel much. My husband and I try to take a trip to Vietnam once every 3 years. Are there any cards that points or mileage do not expire?

Yes wait until you close on house then pick whatever card best suits you...good luck 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 50 of 60
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.