Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DISCO FRIDAY!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DISCO FRIDAY!

So I recently got a big, fat denial from Chase for a Freedom two days ago. Feeling like I was gonna sit in my garden for the next six months, I decieded to try and plant one more seed and go for that Discover prequal. I had a fixed APR at 20.49% with no range on the prequal so while not a great APR, just getting a fixed APR gave me a little hope based on other peoples experiences and...

BAM! 

DISCODISCO

If approved, I was looking for a SL of 1k similar to my QS but dang, I never thought that it would be 7K. Now, I know why everyone talks so highly of Discover here, especially for thin files and previous struggles with credit. Still gonna try another recon with Chase for the Freedom since I took the HP, but now I feel a little more confident and not fighting an uphill battle after Discover being so generous. Smiley Happy

DATA POINTS: 

Pulled: EX @ 679

CO: 1, paid charge off a year ago, never sent into collection
Student loan, car loan
6 inquires from car shopping from a year and a half ago, 1 from Cap1 for original platinum.
Uti at time of pull 9% of 1000
AAoA: 3.6 years
Cap1: 4 months ago opened, Amex Gold: 1 month

Prequality data:

I got a fixed APR in terms, even at a high 20.49%. I got the metallic red card also on the prequal page since some think that has to do with it after the "PLUM data" in 2016 on old threads. 

Time to sit in the garden until I can get SPs from AMEX! 

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DISCO FRIDAY!

Congrats on your approval! 

Message 2 of 16
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Happy Disco Good Friday & Congrats!

Message 3 of 16
ZackAttack
Established Contributor

For 7k on a discover card with an APR in the middle of the range ... not bad. APR could have been better (/shrug)

When I got my student card from discover, I got the lowest APR with 500 to start off.

MSGCU Rewards | $8kDiscover Cash It | $10kAmex BCP | $15kBest Buy Visa | $20kChase Freedom Flex | $8kDCU Platinum | $8kNFCU Plat | $35kNFCU cashRewards | $24kAffinity FCU Cash Rewards | $7kAmazon Prime | 12.5kChase Unlimited | 16.4kUSAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex | 10kAmex Business Cash | 10k

Loans
Ford Credit Car Loan 2-year 6/22/2023 ($299/month)
Closed
Michigan Schools & Gov't CU Titanium 1/4/2019 - 10/2/2020
Ford Credit Car Loan 3-year 7/31/2018-6/6/2021
$1,500 Discover Card 10/2/2020 - 8/18/2021
$3,500 Citi DC 10/14/2020 - 12/11/2021
$8,000 DCU Personal Loan 5-year 5.99% 10/2/2020 - 4/30/2021
$8,000 NFCU CashRewards 1/2/2021 - 7/30/2022
$5,000 MSGCU Personal Loan 3-year 7.75% 4/22/2022 - 10/30/2022
Ford Credit Car Loan 2-year 6/7/2021 - 6/22/2023
Message 4 of 16
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

YOU...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

CONGRATS on your Approval, the AWESOME SL, Thanks for the DPs, and Welcome to the Disco family!!!

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 5 of 16
paula629
Contributor

Congratulations!! I was just approved earlier today....Enjoy your new card....I’m going to app for AMEX next month.....we’re you pre-qual’d for AMEX? Hey great SL!!!

01/21/2021: EQ FICO 636 TU FICO 688 EX FICO 683 br>Goal:850
AMEX Delta Platinum $1k| Macys AMEX $1k| CARE CREDIT $6,600| NFCU AMEX $13.5k|NFCU Platinum $8k|DISCOVER $6k| NFCU LOC $13k| NORDSTROM $2200| Neiman Marcus $3k| PENFED CashRewards $10k| Value City Furniture $7,500k| LOWES $17k| Target $200|VW lease $13k| LFCU Pool loan $77k| NFCU auto $25k|BMW Auto $73k|Student loans $42k
*Entering garden May 2021*

Utilization: 47%
Message 6 of 16
macinjosh
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So I recently got a big, fat denial from Chase for a Freedom two days ago. Feeling like I was gonna sit in my garden for the next six months, I decieded to try and plant one more seed and go for that Discover prequal. I had a fixed APR at 20.49% with no range on the prequal so while not a great APR, just getting a fixed APR gave me a little hope based on other peoples experiences and...

BAM! 

DISCODISCO

If approved, I was looking for a SL of 1k similar to my QS but dang, I never thought that it would be 7K. Now, I know why everyone talks so highly of Discover here, especially for thin files and previous struggles with credit. Still gonna try another recon with Chase for the Freedom since I took the HP, but now I feel a little more confident and not fighting an uphill battle after Discover being so generous. Smiley Happy

DATA POINTS: 

Pulled: EX @ 679

CO: 1, paid charge off a year ago, never sent into collection
Student loan, car loan
6 inquires from car shopping from a year and a half ago, 1 from Cap1 for original platinum.
Uti at time of pull 9% of 1000
AAoA: 3.6 years
Cap1: 4 months ago opened, Amex Gold: 1 month

Prequality data:

I got a fixed APR in terms, even at a high 20.49%. I got the metallic red card also on the prequal page since some think that has to do with it after the "PLUM data" in 2016 on old threads. 

Time to sit in the garden until I can get SPs from AMEX! 

Congrats on the awesome approval there!

Samsung Financing TD Bank $3,200

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks all! First approval since joining myFICO. Feels good to give some data back for all this site has taught me! 

Definetely would prefer that lower APR, but the intro APR serves its purpose for me as available credit since I am going to be moving cities soon. Will be nice if a random expense I can't cover with cash immediately takes shape. Definetely just starting my discover journey!

And paula629, congrats on your DISCO approval as well! I cold apped AMEX for the gold card. I didn't even check for a prequalify since I just assumed I had a shot. I know AMEX is very keen on new user aquisitions for the gold card. I was going to make a large cash purchase so it made sense for me to app it anyway for the SUB and dip into rewards points. 

Message 8 of 16
joltdude
Senior Contributor

dont sweat the apr ... you can work on that after the promo period expires.. Miss Disco has been known to be amicable for apr reductions and even fresh new 0% offers..... 

-J

Message 9 of 16
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Fantastic approvalSmiley Happy
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.