Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DISCOVER CASH BACK / MISSION LANE VISA APPROVALS

tag
1hotcat
Regular Contributor

DISCOVER CASH BACK / MISSION LANE VISA APPROVALS

Hello all,

I tried to lay low from applying for cards yet I got the itch again !!!! 

I waited to my 91/3 on my NFCU but I got denied for the cli and the Amex More Rewards . It was weird because I saw so many great examples of people get cli's and big starting limits on their 2nd cards . ( I still have faith ) . 

In the Intern I applied for:

Mission Lane Credit Card and was approved for $500 

Discover Cash Back Card and was apprved for $500

My scores are growing and so will the limits so gardening until May when I will see at the 6 month mark will get me that NFCU More Rewards Amex.

Good Luck Rebuilders and Goal seekers .....

Starting Scores:

Starting Score: 500
Current Score: 744
Goal Score: 800 (All 3 Bureau's) June 2025 **

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
The 1st stone looks just like a stone until one day you realize that you put one on top of the other and now it's a skyscraper .  

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DISCOVER CASH BACK / MISSION LANE VISA APPROVALS

Congrats on both approvals! 

Message 2 of 19
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approvals!

Message 3 of 19
newfossil
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!

Starting score - May 2018

April 2021

AAoA - 1 year 6 months
Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! You got some good approvals there and already some good cards!

I predict that some more doors will open when your scores are in the 650-660 range. That was my experience, anyway.

I'm in NO POSITION to lecture you about not apping too much too soon (I just got approved for two new cards in the last week), but...there is wisdom in that advice. I waited four months after my first BIG approval (an unsecured Discover almost exactly a year ago) before applying again. (That was my Navy Fed Cash Rewards card.)

Yeah, and I did get one of those miraculous, amazing approvals for the More Rewards AMEX three months later. Not sure why some people do and some people don't—maybe you have plenty of cards right now? Or they are waiting for a higher score? Or it was just that the direction the wind was blowing that day! Smiley LOL

Anyway, I have faith in you too—with the approvals you've already gotten, it's obvious that it's just a matter of time before you get that coveted More Rewards card. I would advise that you wait at least four months from now before apping again, but a lot of people would say longer. (I only seem to be able to hold out for four months! Smiley LOL ) But really, waiting a while longer would probably do well for you. 

What you can do in the meantime is garden carefully and wait for CLIs. Discover was very good to me and gave me a CLI in May (three months after I opened my card). From the SL of $800 to $1500. I didn't ask for it, they just gave it to me. Discover is wonderful!

Congratulations, you're doing GREAT!!!

Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!
Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on both approvals! 👍

Message 7 of 19
1hotcat
Regular Contributor

Thank You Tenaya,

Your Journey is as inspiring . Thank You for your advice and yes we have a good credit problem . We all on here crave it like coffee and going 4 months without it will be hard ... lol

We will keep an eye on each other and continue to inspire those who needed what we did !!!!

Starting Scores:

Starting Score: 500
Current Score: 744
Goal Score: 800 (All 3 Bureau's) June 2025 **

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
The 1st stone looks just like a stone until one day you realize that you put one on top of the other and now it's a skyscraper .  

Message 8 of 19
Traveler101
Established Contributor

Congrats!

Message 9 of 19
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats!

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.