Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Auto-CLI! In 3 months! No HP

tag
RandomCreditDude
Established Member

Discover Auto-CLI! In 3 months! No HP

I got my Discover IT card a few months ago (28 May). This morning, I wake up to an Email. "About your Credit Line".

And it's a $2,000 auto-CLI! Taking the limit to $9,500 (see edit). I have no idea why I got it, but I'll take it. Smiley Very Happy I checked Experian, and no HP. As far as I know, there's no HP if the Credit Card company gives you a CLI, without you asking for it.

Only preciptiating factor I can think of is just getting approved for an auto-loan on a BMW.. maybe Discover likes Bimmers? I know it sounds odd, but that's the only thing that's changed in my credit profile. I do have a clean profile, but an auto-CLI in less than 3 months? 

Ah well, whatever. Just wanted to share with you guys, and thanks for all the help. These boards have helped me get very nice credit, and hence a great rate on my car loan. Couldn't have done it without the knowledge here.

EDIT: It's a $2,000 increase, taking my total to $9,500. I'm sleepy and messing up my math.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Discover Auto-CLI! In 3 months! No HP

@RandomCreditDude wrote:

I got my Discover IT card a few months ago (28 May). This morning, I wake up to an Email. "About your Credit Line".

And it's a $2,500 auto-CLI! Taking the limit to $9,000. I have no idea why I got it, but I'll take it. Smiley Very Happy I checked Experian, and no HP. As far as I know, there's no HP if the Credit Card company gives you a CLI, without you asking for it.

Only preciptiating factor I can think of is just getting approved for an auto-loan on a BMW.. maybe Discover likes Bimmers? I know it sounds odd, but that's the only thing that's changed in my credit profile. I do have a clean profile, but an auto-CLI in less than 3 months? 

Ah well, whatever. Just wanted to share with you guys, and thanks for all the help. These boards have helped me get very nice credit, and hence a great rate on my car loan. Couldn't have done it without the knowledge here.

Congrats 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 15
joshuapd1987
Frequent Contributor

Grate! Nice CLI! Nothing like some auto-luv!
MyFICO Scores: 720 (EX 10/05) | 718 (EQ 10/05) | 703 (TU 10/05)| | Amex Plat NPSL | Amex PRG NPSL | Amex Business Gold NPSL | Chase Sapphire Preferred 22,000 | Chase Freedom 20,000 | Walmart 15,000 | Amex Delta Reserve 12,900 | Chase Ritz 10,000 | Diner's Club Elite 10,000 | NASA Platinum Rewards 8,800 | Capital One Quicksilver 2,500
Message 3 of 15
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 4 of 15
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

Message 5 of 15
bahbahd
Established Contributor

Mind sharing your spend and payment pattern on this card?  I'd like to know how to massage my card up into a better limit like that.

Ah, I see you started at $7500 then +$2000.   I thought it was the other way around and was about to declare your's as the largest % DiscoIT CLI I have ever seen.

Message 6 of 15
eddie84
Valued Contributor

Congrats!  I got my CLI this morning also (via the luv button lol). Smiley LOL

Message 7 of 15
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Congratulations! Auto Luv is the best Luv!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 15
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

Congrats! Very nice auto CLI.
Message 9 of 15
RandomCreditDude
Established Member

A 26.6% increase is pretty good, but a 375% increase would be a bit much, don't you think? Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.