Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLI 2nd month in a row - SHOCKED

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Discover CLI 2nd month in a row - SHOCKED

Not sure if Discover is warming up to me or since I went 8 months without a CLI they are making up for it?  Got a CLI last month initially for 400 I believe called in and got another 1600.  

This month I hit the button the came back with 1600 then called in and they gave me another 400.

So two months in a row now I have got 2k each month.  This is amazing as either no CLI for 8 months or 500 CLI and calling in and getting 500 extra for 1k prior months.  

Card now sits at 15k which is starting to become a respectable limit.  If I got it to 20k I would be happy.  So not sure if this is the last one I will get in awhile or whether i will be able to pull another one next month.

Stats:

800+ TU score

Income: > 100k

AAoA: 3.8 years

Oldest Acct: 25+ years

No Derogs etc

Average CL on other cards approx 20kish.. Low is 6.5k high is 60k.  350kish in personal credit

Util: 1%

Used the card for about 50-100 each month for last few months.  Gas isn't appealing to me this month as use costco at 4% on costco card and gas is alot cheaper there so not a great quarter for me

Needless to say I am shocked they are finally moving faster than a snail.   Hopefully this trend continues till comparable to other cards.  Really only thing good on card is 5% cash back or if get biggest enough limit possible BT.  Just a lender that aggregates me beyond anything on how they operate Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover CLI 2nd month in a row - SHOCKED

Wow!  Congrats! 
This reminds me to see if I can get some more Disco luv Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 34
WowCool
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations CC that is phenomenal !!!!  

Just checked myself and NOPESmiley Mad

Hope I'm not back on another 8 month dry spell...... ...

Congrats again!!!!! 

Message 3 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on very nice CLI !!!!!

Message 4 of 34
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

Bam!Bam!

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 5 of 34
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the Turbo-Luv from Disco @CreditCuriosity! Discover never really cared for me. Had them for 3 years and always slammed me with the $500 CLI Smiley LOL I'm sure my app-binging had somethign to do with that, but it looks like you got them eating out of your hand! 

Message 6 of 34
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@credit_is_crack wrote:

Congrats on the Turbo-Luv from Disco @CreditCuriosity! Discover never really cared for me. Had them for 3 years and always slammed me with the $500 CLI Smiley LOL I'm sure my app-binging had somethign to do with that, but it looks like you got them eating out of your hand! 

@credit_is_crack  No they don't like my profile either.. Too much credit, good scores and they know they won't get a ton of spend..  This is a combination of two cards and alot of begging and pleading, pretty sad so account is 2+ years old where people with say 670's and little credit or rebuid will start out with 7-12k.  That is the profiles they like when initially approved for them and I am not that it has taken alot of patience from me not to drop them lol.  For some reason the last 2 months they have treated me decent although not pulling in 5k clis like some Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 34
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

YOU...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

CONGRATS on the Very Nice CLIs and I am SHOCKED, as well, that DISCO is actually approving CLIs!!!

The last one I received was in January and I haven't seen any LUV since!

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 8 of 34
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Huge Congrats CCSmiley Happy Well deserved. My button is still broke, at least with Navy they tell me im at max exposure. Discover just takes away 2 seconds of my life everytime i smash that buttonSmiley Sad. I fico you not i got like 15 letters on my Shredder right now with 2 more denial letters that cqme in todaySmiley Wink
Message 9 of 34
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@CreditCuriosity  Congrats! 

I cant even get a CVS offer from them. 

Message 10 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.