cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLI Approved, but how do I get more?

tag
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

Discover CLI Approved, but how do I get more?

So I'm loving my Discover Cash Back, but I started with a low SL in September ($500). In January they auto cli to $800, and I just requested an increase and they gave me $200, so I accepted. However, I would like a higher increase if possible. I love the card, but my use is limited with the low limit. I try not to get my utilization too high, and PIF multiple times a month, but it takes a while for payments to post with them.

I've read here that I can call and "double dip," but how do I go about that?  Any tips for getting a decent increase? I'd definitely use it a lot more if I can get higher limit (especially since I'm still in the first year and cash rewards are double). 

*EDIT* - I finally found my answers in another thread

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover CLI Approved, but how do I get more?

Glad you found the answers in another thread.  Congrats on the CLI.  Enjoy it.

Message 2 of 5
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Congrats! So how was the DD?

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 3 of 5
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

I was denied a double dip Woman Sad

When I called, I was told that a $200 increase was "the best they could do" for me at this time. I'll probably revisit in 2 months, if I'm not given any auto CLIs in that time.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on CLI !!!!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.