Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT CLI

PHILYMIC
Valued Member

Discover IT CLI

Hi All...

Always read the forum but don't post that often...Just wanted to post on my recent CLI success with Discover. I have had a Discover for about 1.5 years and started off with a $1000 CL. Every time I hit the "Luv" button I was given the "Unable to Process Request" message and prompted to call in. Fearing a hard pull, I never called but finally decided to talk to a Rep and see what they could do. I spoke with a very nice CS Rep in Utah and explained to her my situation and that I really did not want a hard inquiry on my report. She said she understood and checked to see if their system had anyting for me...Instant increase to $2500!!! Moral of the story is to not be afraid to call in when the computer tells you to!! Smiley Happy
My Score:
Experian FICO: 726

In My Wallet:
Elan Financial Rewards Visa (05/10) / Chevron (12/10) / Citi Forward (02/11) / Amex Zync (04/11) / Discover IT (06/11) / Chase Freedom (09/11) / Amex Blue Cash Everyday (09/11)

All done applying...I have my perfect credit portfolio!!!!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Discover IT CLI

Congrats!!

Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 676 EQ 676 EX 676
Filed Chapter 13 on 06/01/2017 after job loss.

Goal: FHA Construction Loan

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 8
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 3 of 8
tpmlls
New Contributor

Congrats! Question for you, what were your spending patterns? PIF? Ever carry a balance? I ask because I was just approved for the It card last month with a 1k limit and would like to know the best course of action for a CLI in the semi-near future. (At least 6 months of course)

Thanks and congrats again!.

Wes

Message 4 of 8
PHILYMIC
Valued Member

Thanks!!!

I usually ran between $200 - $400 though the card every month. I always PIF and usually more than once a month; never carried a balance.

Good luck with your future CLI!
My Score:
Experian FICO: 726

In My Wallet:
Elan Financial Rewards Visa (05/10) / Chevron (12/10) / Citi Forward (02/11) / Amex Zync (04/11) / Discover IT (06/11) / Chase Freedom (09/11) / Amex Blue Cash Everyday (09/11)

All done applying...I have my perfect credit portfolio!!!!

Message 5 of 8
tpmlls
New Contributor

Thanks and thanks again.

Message 6 of 8
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Nicely done, Congrats! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 832 EX 815 TU 816
Message 7 of 8
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@webhopper wrote:

Congrats!!

Congrats and nice CLI! I guess not everyone gets increases. I tried about a week ago but was denied via a SP. Declined HP cuz i have had the card for only 7 months.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.