cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover It Blue Approved

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Valued Member

Discover It Blue Approved

$6,500.00 SCL / 14 months 0% APR

Earlier today Capital One Quick Silver -- where I have a $3K CL -- declined (again, for the 2nd time in a 12 months) a CLI and gave me a “too low usage” as a reason. A nonsense I tought given that I've been spending, and paying in full, over 70% of the CL. (granted only for the last three months) so I got angry and, basically, jumped the  gun too early with this application.

Why? Last month my score dropped 20 points for I've taken a 60 months personal loan with the WF. This month my score dropped further 44 points for the overall debt use ratio has increased to 25%. (a 64 points total drop, to 683 from 747) I went to check my free score on Discover, saw 707 and still, irrationally and uncharacteristically, fuming over the Cap1 denial, applied for the card.

The system asked me to provide a full bank's statement and advised me to contact them so they could "immediately" check the application. I did it over the Chat, answered a few questions and that was it.

Happy for I wanted to diversify my portfolio of CCs with Discover anyway. This is what I have at the moment:

$3,000.00 Capital One Quick Silver
$4,000.00 Wells Fargo Propel
$4,200.00 Wells Fargo Platinum
$6,500.00 Discover It Blue
$10,000.00 Capital One Venture
AMEX Platinum
(12% utilization)

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Senior Contributor

Re: Discover It Blue Approved

Congrats and welcome to the Disco Family. Cap1 has tighten the purse strings for a while now.It is what it is. Enjoy!

My posts are JMHO. I DO NOT claim to be a FICO expert. Just sharing my experiences from rebuild to recovery after BK DC. My siggy is not to brag at all. Just to show fellow members what can be accomplished when you do it right and play the FICO Credit Game.
Message 2 of 13
Established Contributor

Congrats on the Disco approval!

Message 3 of 13
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats on your approval 

EX 759 EQ 774 TU 753

Message 4 of 13
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your new card

Message 5 of 13
Established Contributor

Congrats on the disco. It will grow and doesnt take three HPs to get in.
Message 6 of 13
Established Contributor

Congrats on your approval!! I love my Discover It card!!
Message 7 of 13
Community Leader
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the new Disco. Everyone needs one lol 

Discover It: 19.7k
Amex BCE: 18k
Citi DC: 5.7k
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Once you go Berner, you never go back.
Message 8 of 13
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your Disco it approval

Message 9 of 13
Contributor

Congratulations on your Disco approval! Nothing feels better than getting a new credit card approval.  It's like Christmas in June!

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.