Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Quadrunner?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover Quadrunner?

It's been awhile since I've post here, very busy 2019.  I've been very inactive with the all the activity that makes this such a great and fun place to visit.  I did a recent refi on my VA loan and  wanted to see if I could get a few APR reductions on any of my cards. I missed the activity but initially didn't want any new accounts.

So I started off by requesting and receiving a $4.5k sp cli on my Citi DC which increased my limit to $15.2k. Yesterday I sent a secure message to NFCU and asked for a APR reduction on my cash rewards card and it was reduced from 13.65% to 11.65%, I can live with that. I then became bolder and chatted with AMEX and was able to reduce my BCE from 18.99% to 13.99%, no promo (big smile). Looked at my capital one(sigh).

I then looked at prequals for Chase (never) and for fun checked Discover; low and behold I saw a preapproval for 14 months @ 0%, 13.74% therafter. I decided to pull the trigger and had to call to verify that I actually applied. I was approved with a SL of $7.5K and cashback match. This became my fourth Disco approval over the years. my first one was in 2015 for $1k @20.99 which I cancelled without even using. I tried again in 2016 and was again approved for $1k @19.99 which I accepted and was able to grow to $4.5k. In 2018 I applied and received another approval for $1k @ 13.99 which I accepted, giving me two active accounts. I was given a cli to $2k on the new account at 60 days. I proceeded to  close the $4500 card with the higher APR and transferred that limit to my 2018 card for a total of $7.5k.  After 6 months of trying, they finally gave me a $500 cli. bringing my limit to $8K. Numerous cli denials later I was finally approved two weeks ago,  for a cli of $2k bring my limit to $10k. I guess at some point I'll try to combine the two current cards and in about 18 months I'll go for round 5.  

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: Discover Quadrunner?

My word you did all kinds of stuff....and it worked.  I like that you can combine, good luck and congrats on the fourth approval.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 2 of 10
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats!

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!
Message 4 of 10
MartyWrite75
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

April 2024: Experian 769; Equifax 779; Transunion 781

Cards I Have:
Cap One QS: $600 (Sock drawer) || Cap One QS (#2): $6,200 (Sock drawer) || Discover It: $11,400 || Cap One Walmart: $600 (Sock drawer) || AMEX BCP: $8,900 || Amazon Prime Store Card: $10,000 || FNBO Rewards Visa: $2,600 || Discover Cash Back: $5,500 || Citi Custom Cash: $9,500 || Verizon VS Visa: $10,000 || Amex Hilton Honors: $10,000 || Amazon (Chase) Prime Rewards (VS): $9,500

Wishlist Cards:
Paypal Mastercard || Bread Mastercard

Gardening to 10/2024(ideally)
Total Utilization: 11%
Inquiries: Exp: (1) Trans: (0) Equif: (0)

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks all, yes Laura I was busy, lol, I received all the info and training from reading this website. 

Message 6 of 10
SEAlifer
Established Contributor

simoncongrat.gif

You were really running the CSRs through their paces today, haha!

AU

Message 7 of 10
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Somebody's been busy

Congrats !

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 8 of 10
Medic981
Valued Contributor

Congrats ! ! !

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 9 of 10
calyx
Super Contributor

Congrats on your approval and all of your other progress!

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.