Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover cli train

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover cli train

So after 6 months into my second year with discover the cli train picked me up.
First my newest card sl of 2000 was increased x2- 4000 on December 1st, then around xmas got another 500-4500, today I accepted another 500 to make it 5000 cl.
My older card wich was unsecured after 7 months last year from 200-2000, got its first cli 2 weeks ago, this was only 300 bringing my cl to 2300(total 7300 both cards)
Utilization is at 2%, was around 5 until the 1st of January.
I've been approved for 5-6 other cards after discover.
I do usually max out the categories with my newer card.
Scores in sig.
I've noticed they only soft pull experian every 5 weeks or so. Unlike amex who seems to do it weekly sometimes almost daily.
I'm happy with the cli.
I'll try to combine limits onto older card next time I see a cli. If not possible to combine I'll most likely make Discover my next application in May.
Wich I would hope would help with a healthy starting limit and a decent apr. Currently my older card has 19% wich isn't close to my dcu 10% but I still want to keep that card open if possible since it's my oldest open credit card. My newer disco has a 23% apr. I dont carry balances but obviously I'm trying to get all APR's as low as I can.
I hope if I close my older card (if they wont combine limits) and apply for a 3rd discover I'd get a better apr.
When discover moves limits will they do it all at once? Do both cards have to be open for a year?
I'd rather not close the card w/o moving limits
5 REPLIES 5
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Discover cli train

Congratulations on your CLI!
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!
Message 3 of 6
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats!

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Disco increase!

Message 5 of 6
Pro-X
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.