Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover doubled my CL without me asking

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover doubled my CL without me asking

I had some issue with a purchase I made with my Discover card

Discover customer service was nice, I talked to a normal rep, was transferred to a supervisor. And the next day a manager called me and asked if everything was settled.. I said yes and said nothing about my CL

Well that was yesterday and today I get a email saying my credit line has been more then doubled due to my "overall excellent credit management"

Now it was a surprise since I am only mid 600s and they denied me 6 times in a row when I requested CL increases through the button   

Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
yoyo
Established Contributor

Re: Discover doubled my CL without me asking

Congrats..my I ask how long you had the card and usage?

Message 2 of 10
mystikal1
Established Contributor

Very Nice!

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the increase !!!

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I had some issue with a purchase I made with my Discover card

Discover customer service was nice, I talked to a normal rep, was transferred to a supervisor. And the next day a manager called me and asked if everything was settled.. I said yes and said nothing about my CL

Well that was yesterday and today I get a email saying my credit line has been more then doubled due to my "overall excellent credit management"

Now it was a surprise since I am only mid 600s and they denied me 6 times in a row when I requested CL increases through the button   

Smiley Happy

Congratulations to you!...Thanks for sharing.Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 10
JayTee1
Frequent Contributor

Wow, that's awesome!

March 2014: Abysmal, low 500s

April 2015: TU 607 | EQ 599 | EX 608
March 2019: TU 717 | EQ 727 | EX 727
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your very awesome increase!  It's just funny how good things kind of fall at your feet when they are least expected.  I'm happy to see that Discover appreciates your business, and rewarded you nicely! Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on that double credit limit surprise! Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome congrats! What did they raise you to? How long have you had your card? Discover it is probably one of the best cash back cards out there IMHO.
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the car for like 3 years
I messed up on other cards and discover balance chased me
So I paid it off

I started a rebuild and I pay it in full every three days for the last six months. (Yes every three days)

I have been using other cards over the discover lately but I put 3k through the card this year and it was at zero balance at the time of increase
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.