Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover it

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover it

I'm excited to announce that I was approved for a discover it card one week ago. My SL is only $500 but considering I had no credit history prior to Sept of this year I'm not going to complain.

I can't wait to receive my card and see what the design I picked looks like in person.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
macinjosh
Senior Contributor

Re: Discover it

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm excited to announce that I was approved for a discover it card one week ago. My SL is only $500 but considering I had no credit history prior to Sept of this year I'm not going to complain.

I can't wait to receive my card and see what the design I picked looks like in person.

Congrats on the approval.

I got the plain standard Ocean version when I got mine back in March, but since it's free to change designs, I've changed mine twice since then,  but I just added each design as a new card, so now I have 3 active cards on my account. I only use my NHL Golden Knights design now.

Samsung Financing TD Bank $3,200

Message 2 of 12
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!

You can have multiple cards on the same account? I might have to order a couple more lol
Message 4 of 12
macinjosh
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks!

You can have multiple cards on the same account? I might have to order a couple more lol

I have 3. When you go into account management to replace your card, once you select the new design, they give you the choice to add as an extra or replace. However, I don't know if they have a limit. And yes, if you add your card to a virtual wallet, that adds to the list of active cards. I have 3 physical cards, and 2 virtual ones, my iPhone, and my Apple Watch.

Edit: Also, they all have the same account number, but there is a code that starts with "X", followed by 3 numbers that they use to keep track of which card it is.

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approval 👏🏾 The SL will grow, quickly, with responsible handling.

Disco's rule allows for 4 ACTIVE card designs at any time (per cardholder). Over the past year I've collected at least 8 designs that I activate and deactivate at my leisure 😊. You can activate/deactivate cards as often as you like as long as they aren't reported lost/stolen. Just keep in mind that one reported lost/stolen card voids the batch as all Disco cards (including AU) carry the same numbers.
Message 6 of 12
macinjosh
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Congratulations on your approval 👏🏾 The SL will grow with, quickly, with responsible handling.

Disco's rule is that can have 4 ACTIVE card designs at any time (per cardholder). Over the past year I've collected at least 8 designs that I activate and deactivate at my leisure 😊. You can activate/deactivate cards as often as you like as long as they aren't reported lost/stolen. Just keep in mind that one reported lost/stolen card voids the batch as all Disco cards (including AU) cards carry the same numbers.

Thanks for that answer. I didn't know that.

So virtual cards don't count against that limit. I wonder if there is a limit to the total number of virtual cards too.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's a good question @macinjosh. I can neither confirm or deny the limts on Disco virtual products.

However, having used them with other banks, it is my experience that virutal numbers are usually not limited.
Message 8 of 12
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

Congrats IamsoLost!!  Well done you!!!

0001Cheerleader.gif

@Anonymous wrote:
Congratulations on your approval 👏🏾 The SL will grow with, quickly, with responsible handling.

Disco's rule is that can have 4 ACTIVE card designs at any time (per cardholder). Over the past year I've collected at least 8 designs that I activate and deactivate at my leisure 😊. You can activate/deactivate cards as often as you like as long as they aren't reported lost/stolen. Just keep in mind that one reported lost/stolen card voids the batch as all Disco cards (including AU) carry the same numbers.

And Thank YOU!  That is fantastic info!! 

This should be posted in both the Disco Second card thread and the thread about Disco's new card designs!!

Really, REALLY good DPs there!!

000thankyou-1.gif

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome to myFICO! Congrats on your Discover IT approval! Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.