Are they inquiry friendly?

Message 31 of 44
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Re: FNBO AMEX

@virgo wrote:

Are they inquiry friendly?

Hey virgo!

i don't know about hard apping but from what I've seen- if you got a pre-approval and your profile hasn't changed since the SP offer for credit, it's almost always aproved.

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 32 of 44
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

I had a fair number of inquiries when I got my offer.  They approved me, but with a $2600 limit.  I think I charged a little on the card, less than $100 I think in six months.  I mentioned one day about the limit being kinda low and they said hold on let me check about an increase.  BAM!  They raised it by $2000.  I then actually started using the card, well my sister did, for the cash back on groceries.  (Then I got the BCP card two months later, so now it doesn't get much use again.  But I bet they will still increase the limit after the next six month mark.)

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 33 of 44
virgo
Established Contributor

Im looking at 25 inq.  Im starting a business.

Message 34 of 44
Involver
Valued Contributor

Yeah I know they will pull ARS for INQs so I'm skeptical with my 17 across all 3 even with a preapproval.
Message 35 of 44
newstart13
Regular Contributor

What is ARS? I thought they pulled only experian?
Message 36 of 44
virgo
Established Contributor

Apparently its invite only. 

Message 37 of 44
Involver
Valued Contributor

@newstart13 wrote:
What is ARS? I thought they pulled only experian?

ARS is Advanced Resolution Services.  They are another CRA that compiles a whole slew of data (Total INQs / Account Reviews / Fraudulent Uses / Etc ...) which is used by FNBO and US Bank (and probably others).  You can contact ARS at 1-800-392-8911 to find out how to receive a copy of your report and also put a freeze on it.

Message 38 of 44
buc23
Established Member

I received this Pre approval in the mail also and went ahead and applied and was instantly approved for $4000.

Message 39 of 44
newstart13
Regular Contributor

What was your score? Did you have any old small paid medical bills? I have two.
Message 40 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.