Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fifth Third Truly Simple - TU 734, CL $4000

tag
frugal47374
Regular Contributor

Fifth Third Truly Simple - TU 734, CL $4000

(Mostly posting this to add a data point for the next person who might apply.)

Applied from one of the many pre-approval letters from Fifth Third.

Applied on 4/17, TransUnion score (734) pulled on the 19th.  (And account opened on that date).

But no notification that the account was opened until the card arrived 15 days later.  (Not even an e-mail confirming my application.)

Letter said interest would be between 14.24% and 25.24%.  I was assigned 20.24%.

Overall utilization around 9% at the point I applied.  Nothing "bad" on my credit report, but 2 cards maxed out.  One on a 0% deal and one with a $1000 limit that I charged $1000 for the sign-up bonus.

I got this card for the 15 month 0% and obviously would have liked a higher limit.  I don't know if $4k is "normal" or if my 2 maxed out cards conspired against me.  (Not complaining.  Just offering data.)

I've talked with two different CSRs so far; once yesterday to ask if there was a problem since I hadn't received the card and today to activate the card and ask to change my due date.  Both were competent and professional.

It does seem that to set up automatic payment from a non-5/3rd account requires mailing in a form.  That seems a bit antiquated.

Also, although the pre-approval letter had my correct street address (let's say "123 NW T St") when I entered the code at their website they displayed "123 T" and it wasn't a field I could change.  Both the FICO notice and my credit card was mailed to that street address.  (At least the 9-digit ZIP remained correct.)  When I called yesterday, the CSR said the address looked OK on his screen.  Today perhaps a more knowledgable CSR said they had 2 different address systems and his screen looked OK but the system that generated these mailings had to be corrected by a supervisor.  (Again, not how I'd design the computer system.)

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Fifth Third Truly Simple - TU 734, CL $4000

Congratulations!!  & Thanks for posting Data Points.

Message 2 of 4
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

I only got $4k and was told that cli reviews are done annually are not available for request.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 3 of 4
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.