cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally a CLI from BofA after burning them in Chapter 7. Doubled my limit from $5K to $10K

tag
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

Finally a CLI from BofA after burning them in Chapter 7. Doubled my limit from $5K to $10K

I filed BK7 8 years ago this month and included BofA for $5K.  

Two years post-filing I applied for the secured card and was approved for $1K.   About six months later they graduated the secured card.   I asked at that time for a CLI and they gave me $5K, the amount I burned them for.    

Two years later I applied for the Alaska Airlines BofA card because I wanted the 40K bonus miles and I fly Alaska.   After much haggling they refused to give me any more money but I offered to close the useless 5K card I had if they would open the Alaska Air card for 5K and give me the 40K bonus miles.   They agreed, opened the Alaska Air card and closed down the old card.   

Over the last 4 years I have periodically asked for a CLI and was always turned down, even on recon, and told it was due to the prior loss.   They had clearly bucketed me at the $5K I had burned them for.

I do not have any other accounts with BofA.

Today, expecting another denial, but knowing it's a soft pull, I asked for $15K (an increase of $10K) and the thing spun around for an eternity and then said:   

"Congratulations! Your credit line has been approved.

Your new total credit line is $10,000.00 with a cash credit line of $1,500.00 and is available for immediate use."

So they didn't give me what I asked for but they did double my limit.   I thought this would never happen.

Nobody is more shocked than me.   My current FICO 9's are between 800 and 841.   FICO 8's are 772-778.   My BK is still reporting on all three bureaus.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Finally a CLI from BofA after burning them in Chapter 7. Doubled my limit from $5K to $10K

Really happy for you!  That's great to finally see some progress!! Congratulations on your approval!! 👏🏼🎉🍾

Message 2 of 15
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Finally a CLI from BofA after burning them in Chapter 7. Doubled my limit from $5K to $10K

Congratulations on your BofA 2X CLI!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 3 of 15
Elpadrino1
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI!!

Message 4 of 15
KingRue8500
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your BOA Alaska Airlines CLI

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats !

Message 6 of 15
Ontherise2020
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on you CLI!! 

FICO Scores:
EX 715
TU 750
EQ 739
FICO 9 773
Message 7 of 15
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

Thanks!

Message 8 of 15
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Congrats

Message 9 of 15
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your BOFA CLI 👍🏼

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.