Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally out of the wilderness... APPROVALS

tag
CountryLad
New Contributor

Finally out of the wilderness... APPROVALS

After many long years, my CH13 has been discharged (01/17) I've been working to clean up a few reporting errors with the CRAs. I've been doing a ton of reading and research, a lot of which has been on this forum. Just wanted to say thanks to all the contributors. Your contributions have provided invaluable insights in how to get things back on track. Happy to report that I finally pulled the plug and submitted 4 applications and was approved for all 4 cards.

>> Hilton Honors Amex -- approved 6/23 (instant approval) $5,000 CL

>> USBank Platinum -- approved 6/24 (instant approval) $5,500 CL

>> USBank Cash+ Visa Signature -- approved 6/24 (applied on 6/24. said wait 7-10 days, but was approved on 6/24 too) $5,500 CL

>> DiscoverIT -- approved 6/26 $5,000 CL

The card I'm most pleased with is the Hilton Amex. I travel a great deal for work and have been able to get to Hilton Diamond status using my corporate card. However, I'd like to be able to continue adding to my Hilton Honors points via personal spending -- which I can now do.

So now I have my mortgage and 4 credit cards. I think I have all that I need for a long while. I don't plan on maintiaing balances on any of them. SImply going to run bills and charges through them and pay any balance off a few days after my statement cuts each month. My car is paid.

Question -- would there be any need to get a retail card or two? I'm not sure. I certainly don't need one, but I've read where it helps your overall credit picture by having various types of credit. Thanks for any advice.

“If you wish to get rich, save what you get. A fool can earn money; but it takes a wise man to save and dispose of it to his own advantage.” ―Brigham Young
8 REPLIES 8
jdxprs1
Frequent Contributor

Re: Finally out of the wilderness... APPROVALS

An installment loan would raise your score but I don't think retail cards would make much difference.
Last app 1/2/2017.
In the garden until at least 6/2/2017.
Message 2 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Nice approvals, really nice slsSmiley Happy. If you dont need a retail store no use in getting oneSmiley Wink
Message 3 of 9
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Absolutely not!

You're good.

Your plan is great. Stick with it.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approvals!! and completely agree with everything above
Message 5 of 9
taekwon
Regular Contributor

Congratulations with your credit rebuid success!

Starting Scores: EQ 598, EX 566, TU 550, 3/31/13 ....... Goal Score: 830
Current Scores: EQ 845, EX 841, TU 836 ..................... Inq: EQ: 0, EX: 1, TU: 1

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!! Looks like some good starting limits!

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!!!!!!

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome progress! Congrats! 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.