Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Tech Approval

tag
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: First Tech Approval

Anyone can join First Tech. Their foot print is nation wide.
I don't have any experience with the Chip & Pin cards.
Message 11 of 18
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

Congrats OP. I'll be interested in their Choice CC some time in the future. Do you have any DPs that you can share? Did you open an account with them first or did you just app for the CC? I see that they pulled EX, was it a HP? If a HP, were you able to combine app (assume membership and then CC) or was it multiple HPs? Anything else you think would be pertinent would be appreciated. 

**FICO 8 Scores EQ EX TU **

Message 12 of 18
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Yo

@LadyJEsq wrote:

Congrats OP. I'll be interested in their Choice CC some time in the future. Do you have any DPs that you can share? Did you open an account with them first or did you just app for the CC? I see that they pulled EX, was it a HP? If a HP, were you able to combine app (assume membership and then CC) or was it multiple HPs? Anything else you think would be pertinent would be appreciated. 

You can apply for the card or loan during the membership application. Should be only one HP on EX. I assume that HP is good for 30 days. Most CUs are besides NFCU..which HP on a sneeze. Lol

Message 13 of 18
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

Thanks Gmood! I thought that might be the case, but knew about NFCU so wanted to double check. 

**FICO 8 Scores EQ EX TU **

Message 14 of 18
lamplight2012
Frequent Contributor

Did they request POI?

Thanks!

Experian: 693 | Transunion: 700 | Equifax: 690 | Utilization 4 %

EX: 5 | TU: 8 | EQ: 7
Message 15 of 18
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@lamplight OP posted in another thread last week that he didn't have to send POI. As always YMMV.
Message 16 of 18
stealthc63
New Contributor

Get ready for a roller coaster ride!! Unless they've changed their ways you are going to have to jump through a lot of hoops on this one. I was approved for 30k a couple months back then all of the sudden they started requesting documentation. I had to send a copy of my social securirty card, DL, bank statements, paystubs and utilitiy bill. Took almost 3 weeks to get everything cleared and recieve the card.

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

does anyone know whether you can still become a member with First Tech through joining the Financial Fitness Association? I seem to recall at some point people having issues with joining through that organization.. thx..

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.