Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting ready for mini spree - Update: Approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Getting ready for mini spree.

If I could make a suggestion. Forget about the Double Cash for now. The Discover it offers 2% cashback on all purchases for the first year. Find another card that could be more use to you for now and if in a year you still want the Double Cash, get it then. 

Message 11 of 22
MakingProgress
Senior Contributor

Any suggestions ?
FICO 8 Starting Score

Current Scores

Garden Goal is All Reports Clean – Achieved 11/26/20
Message 12 of 22
MakingProgress
Senior Contributor

So I did my mini spree a little earlier than planned.  I was buying some stuff on Amazon today and the total came to $72.01, of course I got the nag to apply for the Prime Rewards Visa and get $70 off.   I figued what the heck, and applied.  I got that one with a 5K CL

Since I did the Amazon thing I went over to Discover and got approved there with a CL of 11.5K.   Then I decided to try for AMEX Blue Cash Everyday (since I have never in my life had an AMEX) and got approved for a 6K CL.

Against advice here I went over to Citibank and tried for the Citi Double Cash and got the dreaded 7-10 wait message.  Probably means No, but  we will see.

Still not bad I went from total CL of 3.8K to 26.3K all in about 15 minutes.

Back to the Garden until at least Oct 1.

FICO 8 Starting Score

Current Scores

Message 13 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

If Citibank sends you to the Pit of Misery, you may have to wait there until those lates fall off, and then apply again.  Your chances will be much better then.

Dilly, Dilly.

Message 14 of 22
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, no dilly dilly hahaSmiley Wink

Those are really great sls. Your spree turned into Sweet tartsSmiley Wink. Fantastic job. Ive never seen anyone spree 18 months in 1 daySmiley Wink
Message 15 of 22
MakingProgress
Senior Contributor

Cap One did the pc on my QS1 so I now have the QS with no annual fee.  They wouldn't combine my secured card with it so I closed that one.  It is my oldest card in my name by about 10 months, I am AU on an older card.  The baby CL isn't worth letting them keep my $200 any more.  It will be interesting to see what the HPs, new accts and closing an account do to my FICO score.  

FICO 8 Starting Score

Current Scores

Message 16 of 22
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Op:

I wouldn't sweat it.. might notice some temporary ups and downs but should stablize in a few months.... at most 6 months.. But your pretty much done apping for the year so I wouldn't sweat it.. just garden and let it grow on its own... Did you get the Citi afterall or did it end up being a denial.. either way..  As long as you keep gardening and paying things on time.. things will grow.. and esp if i recall you said some stuff was falling off in Sept...

Congrats.. that was a pretty successfull spree.. Nothing mini about it =)

-J

Message 17 of 22
jlitnns
Established Contributor

Nice SL's on all 3 of those cards and the PC to QS!

Robot Very Happy

Message 18 of 22
theBeardedNerd
Regular Contributor

Congrats on your approvals!

Currently in My Wallet:

Auto Loan:

Future Credit Cards:

Message 19 of 22
MakingProgress
Senior Contributor

Re: Getting ready for mini spree. 4 for 4

I wasn't getting any updates from Citibank on my 7-10 day wait so I called the reconsideration line.   They said I they had a ssn mismatch on my app.  Not sure how that happend cause they pulled my credit report already.  However with the correct ssn I got the Citi Double Cash Rewards card with a $7,900 CL! 

FICO 8 Starting Score

Current Scores

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.