Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hilton Honors Surpass 100K points approval... tiny limit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hilton Honors Surpass 100K points approval... tiny limit

I am clearly unable to locate the garden. I saw the AMEX sign up offer for 100,000 points for the Hilton Surpass and I couldn't resist! They denied me about a month ago for the Starwood preferred but I still wanted to crack that AMEX revolver wall. Approved for the Hilton but only for $1000 Smiley Sad. It's gonna be such a pain to finish that $3000 spend for the sign up bonus with such a tiny limit. They clearly don't like my EX profile very much since I got the "barely in" limit. But it's gone up about 30 points since the SPG app from 678 to 710 today. The disclosure letter said the score they had was 684. Weird. Anybody know if they will recon the $1000 limits? Even if I could get it up to $3000 that would make it more usable. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Hilton Honors Surpass 100K points approval... tiny limit

Congrats on approval.. Just multiple payments per months and shouldn't be an issue to meet the 3k.  Good promo 100k + 1 free night a year on weekends correct?

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Congrats on approval.. Just multiple payments per months and shouldn't be an issue to meet the 3k.  Good promo 100k + 1 free night a year on weekends correct?

Ok I wasn't sure if they would allow multiple payments. I can spend $3000 within two weeks with all the baby stuff I constantly have to buy and other stuff. Yes the promo is 100k points and a free night. Pretty good for only a $75 annual fee. And they made it too easy to apply! Only asked for my income and BOOM new card LOL. Should I not bother to recon the limit?

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Ok I wasn't sure if they would allow multiple payments. I can spend $3000 within two weeks with all the baby stuff I constantly have to buy and other stuff. Yes the promo is 100k points and a free night. Pretty good for only a $75 annual fee. And they made it too easy to apply! Only asked for my income and BOOM new card LOL. Should I not bother to recon the limit?

I got Amex BCE with a 1k limit after 3 weeks I requested via LUV Button for 3k and it was approved.  It was a pain to make multiple payments so that is why I asked.  You have nothing to lose for requesting CLI now as it will be soft pull.  Congrats on the card.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

I got Amex BCE with a 1k limit after 3 weeks I requested via LUV Button for 3k and it was approved.  It was a pain to make multiple payments so that is why I asked.  You have nothing to lose for requesting CLI now as it will be soft pull.  Congrats on the card.

Did you use the card at all before you requested the increase?

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Yeah I did I was angry at having to make weekly payments and that is why I asked for CLI

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Yeah I did I was angry at having to make weekly payments and that is why I asked for CLI

Ok thanks for the input. I got my card number right away because I was about to do some online shopping. Was just wondering if they prefer to see the card at zero balance before asking for CLI.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.