Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I got denied from Ft. Knox - Update: USAA Approved

tag
Asmodai66
Established Member

I got denied from Ft. Knox - Update: USAA Approved

I heard Ft. Knox are very conservative. I was comparing Penfed and Ft. Knox and my score is 730. I decided to go with Ft. Knox, next monring got an email denying me. Well, afterwards with a little research I have to be a member of their bank? I am just trying to get the best Credit Card only for Gas & grocery shopping. I drive a diesel and want to get cash back end of the year or cents off on per gallon. There is so many options out there, just want something 5% cash back, all year spending on gas, no RC bs and with no annual fee. 

Mod note:  I've updated your subject to reflect your approval; feel free to change/edit if you would like.  --UB

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: I got denied from Ft. Knox for wanting a gas/food CC?

If you want a gas card that is 5% back try the ducks unlimited

https://www.firstbankcard.com/ducksunlimited/landingpage/visaplat/?sub=000

Message 2 of 14
Asmodai66
Established Member

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Also if I shop at say a grocery store would that count as a "sporting good store" didn't really see what stores would fall under that. 

Message 3 of 14
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Asmodai66 wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Also if I shop at say a grocery store would that count as a "sporting good store" didn't really see what stores would fall under that. 

Nope just gas and sporting goods as coded by MCC codes.  Figured I would just lean you right way towards Gas card at least at 5% since Ft. Knox denied ya for a good alternative gas card..  Unforunately since the Sallie Mae card kill off a year or so ago no card offers 5% off both cats since.

Message 4 of 14
Asmodai66
Established Member

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@Asmodai66 wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Nope just gas and sporting goods as coded by MCC codes.  Figured I would just lean you right way towards Gas card at least at 5% since Ft. Knox denied ya for a good alternative gas card..  Unforunately since the Sallie Mae card kill off a year or so ago no card offers 5% off both cats since.

What about Pedfed seems like a really good deal?

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

USAA has a 5% Cash Back on up to $3000 gas per year. No AF. 2% Grocery, 1% Everything else. It’s up to $3K per year per category. You do need to be a USAA member though.
Message 6 of 14
Asmodai66
Established Member

@Anonymous wrote:
USAA has a 5% Cash Back on up to $3000 gas per year. No AF. 2% Grocery, 1% Everything else. It’s up to $3K per year per category. You do need to be a USAA memer though.

I am a USAA member, I put $25 into a savings account and forgot all about it lol. Plus I pay $12.50 a month for rental insurance, in case my stuff gets stolen. You have a link?

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I searched for “USAA credit card” clicked on the first link, it took me to the page of all USAA credit cards. The AMEX Cashback Rewards Plus is listed there.

Message 8 of 14
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@Asmodai66 wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@Asmodai66 wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

I have the PenFed card you're referring to...and it's a pretty decent card but it isn't quite a 5% back on fuel and groceries when redeeming points for cash.  It comes out to a 4.25% back on fuel and 2.55% on groceries and less than 1% for all other purchases.  

Message 9 of 14
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Loquat wrote:

@Asmodai66 wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@Asmodai66 wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

I have the PenFed card you're referring to...and it's a pretty decent card but it isn't quite a 5% back on fuel and groceries when redeeming points for cash.  It comes out to a 4.25% back on fuel and groceries and less than 1% for all other purchases.  

Didn't even think of that card doh..  Good card although not quite 5%, but fairly close for just one card...

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.