Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IKEA VISA approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

IKEA VISA approval

I have been trying to outfit our new house...gave most of our old furniture to GoodWill or the kids took it for their college apartments, so we had to furnish pretty much a whole house.  I found myself at IKEA, and they had friendly young people working an in-store kiosk with credit card offers.  I had found a couple of dressers, and figured, what the heck, let's take a shot.  The offer was $25 off the first order and free shipping through the nd of August.  They have the world's dumbest cash-back deal, with really short times before it expires, but the kid at the kiosk suggested buying gift cards with it, since they don't expire.  Anyway, got on my phone, did an app, instant $6000 approval. 

The poor woman working the checkout had never tried to manually enter a newly-minted IKEA CC #, so a manager had to be called, but it all went smoothly after that. 

I can't tell you how sore my back is from kneeling on the floor, assembling dressers...

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: IKEA VISA approval

Congrats at being the first to post the new IKEA Visa approval. If it's not, it's the first one I've seen.
Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Frankly it's not the most useful card in the world, beyond the fact that we'll surely be spending money at IKEA over the next couple of months and might as well get discounts.

Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gmood1 wrote:
Congrats at being the first to post the new IKEA Visa approval. If it's not, it's the first one I've seen.

+1

Congrats on your approval and nice SL ...

Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have been trying to outfit our new house...gave most of our old furniture to GoodWill or the kids took it for their college apartments, so we had to furnish pretty much a whole house.  I found myself at IKEA, and they had friendly young people working an in-store kiosk with credit card offers.  I had found a couple of dressers, and figured, what the heck, let's take a shot.  The offer was $25 off the first order and free shipping through the nd of August.  They have the world's dumbest cash-back deal, with really short times before it expires, but the kid at the kiosk suggested buying gift cards with it, since they don't expire.  Anyway, got on my phone, did an app, instant $6000 approval. 

The poor woman working the checkout had never tried to manually enter a newly-minted IKEA CC #, so a manager had to be called, but it all went smoothly after that. 

I can't tell you how sore my back is from kneeling on the floor, assembling dressers...

Congrats. 🥓🎉🍾🎊🎈. Are you a skyline or goldstar person?

Message 5 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval! Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gold Star or Dixie Chili...Gold Star grates their cheese differently than Skyline, and Dixie's reddish chili is really tasty too.

Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Gold Star or Dixie Chili...Gold Star grates their cheese differently than Skyline, and Dixie's reddish chili is really tasty too.

What? No Blue Ash chili in the mix.

Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I was at Ikea today and checked out the ad for the Visa. Was definitely tempted.. have 4 comenity cards already so figured I might get an approval but I couldn't do it. Trying hard to stay in the garden and let these accounts age.

What were your scores for approval? Any idea who they pulled?
Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!  Never been inside IKEA but I haven't heard anything but good things about them.

Nothing worse than a furniture store like Ashley where they make you wait weeks on your purchase (as they build it) because they don't want a lot of unsold inventory.

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.