cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instant Approval for Amazon Visa, but low CL?

tag
calihlove75
Established Contributor

Re: Instant Approval for Amazon Visa, but low CL?

Chase has given me a  $300 auto cli roughly every 4 months on this card. I am waiting to see what happens on my next statement in about a week since it turned 1 year old a few days ago. We'll see

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 21 of 30
VirtualCuriosity
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm confused on two things, why does it say "temporary" CL of $400, and if they thought me good enough for instant approval, why the tiny limit? AMEX gave me a $2k on my BCE and that was my first card (besides the Gold card).

Art Vandelay

They always start importer-exporters' at tiny limits. 

J/K of course, couldn't resist.

TU713, EQ 731 , EX 726 (As of 12/13/14) - Personal Goal = 760

“Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship” – Benjamin Franklin

Gardening since 3-26-15

Message 22 of 30
colindidit
Established Contributor

How have you uses your card? I have yet to get an auto increase and got it last may
Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Message 23 of 30
calihlove75
Established Contributor

@colindidit wrote:
How have you uses your card? I have yet to get an auto increase and got it last may

It varies but I use it once per month. Most months I put about $200 through it,  but a few months only a couple of bucks. II think the highest balance I have had at once was $500. I usually PIF before the statement cuts. I have only let a balance report once.

Now I have had my Freedom 9 months and I have NEVER received an auto cli but I always have a balance on it. I make large payments ranging from $400- $1000 a month, but there is always some kind of balance of 10-15 percent of my credit limit. Hoping for an auto at a year on that one also.

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 24 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@VirtualCuriosity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm confused on two things, why does it say "temporary" CL of $400, and if they thought me good enough for instant approval, why the tiny limit? AMEX gave me a $2k on my BCE and that was my first card (besides the Gold card).

Art Vandelay

They always start importer-exporters' at tiny limits. 

J/K of course, couldn't resist.

Importer/exporter of fine latex goods Smiley Happy

Message 25 of 30
enharu
Super Contributor

chase has never given me any auto CLI for the 2 years I have my amazon visa.

The last CL I got was initiated on my own and cost me 1 HP.

But I went from 2k --> 8.5k.

Was well worth it, but then again my financial situation is a lot better than it was 2 years ago.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 26 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@enharu wrote:

chase has never given me any auto CLI for the 2 years I have my amazon visa.

The last CL I got was initiated on my own and cost me 1 HP.

But I went from 2k --> 8.5k.

Was well worth it, but then again my financial situation is a lot better than it was 2 years ago.

Yeah I'm not really expecting an auto increases, and I feel that even if I request one, I doubt it'll do much for me. Starting at $400, I'd need like a 5x to have something close to respectable. 

Message 27 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gonna give this one last bump before I let it die.. At my age (20, credit history about 2 and half years old), and with my income (about $15,000-20,000), should I bother apping for anything else at this point? Got the Gold card that I've had since 2011, waiting in the mail for BCE at $2k limit, and waiting for my toy card Chase Amazon at $400. With my goals (mid-to-high 700s score by graduation in two years when I have a real income), should I bother with any other cards, and if so, which one for my current income, credit history, and two recent HPs? Or should I just garden for 6-12 months (AMEX gold comes off in Sept.)? I have this idea in my head that if future lenders see such a tiny CL on my Amazon Visa, it might not look so great, but you guys know way better than I do, I'm just learning still.

Message 28 of 30
VirusCredit13
Regular Contributor

With it being a amazon card, the temporary limit will just be until you get your card. I've had this done with Amazon and Banana Republic card. When you receive card you will know actual limt(if you don't call in first). 

But with the example of amazon, they instantly add your the new CC as a payment option in amazon, although you don't see full number. And you can start buying stuff with it right away after instant approval(just don't change you address or they will make you confirm card number that you don't have yet). When you get your card they will tell you to call in and confirm you have the card, whereas usually its call in to activate. I assume once you confirm you have it then you are good to go with full limit. The temporary limit is just to prevent simple things like someone using your amazon account and charging the card before you knew you could, or even say a scammer applying for a card, buying a bunch of stuff, then denying ever receiving the card or using it.

That $400 temporary limit is just until you get the card. 

Message 29 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@VirusCredit13 wrote:

With it being a amazon card, the temporary limit will just be until you get your card. I've had this done with Amazon and Banana Republic card. When you receive card you will know actual limt(if you don't call in first). 

But with the example of amazon, they instantly add your the new CC as a payment option in amazon, although you don't see full number. And you can start buying stuff with it right away after instant approval(just don't change you address or they will make you confirm card number that you don't have yet). When you get your card they will tell you to call in and confirm you have the card, whereas usually its call in to activate. I assume once you confirm you have it then you are good to go with full limit. The temporary limit is just to prevent simple things like someone using your amazon account and charging the card before you knew you could, or even say a scammer applying for a card, buying a bunch of stuff, then denying ever receiving the card or using it.

That $400 temporary limit is just until you get the card. 

I certainly hope you're right, but I called in and they said it will be $400. I had them expedite it to me (didn't know it was as simple as calling and asking for it lol) so I guess I'll know relatively soon.

Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.