cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J.Crew (multiple luv taps), Nordstrom CLI + Nieman Marcus Approval- Good Night!

tag
NICKI183
Established Contributor

J.Crew (multiple luv taps), Nordstrom CLI + Nieman Marcus Approval- Good Night!

Well, I have had my of ups and downs as it relates to my credit.  I have been maintain the low to mid 600's.  Well, with the Cometity cards I have been able to increase my available credit with the magic "luv" button.

J.Crew- I would regulary go online a month and one day after the previous month increase and get my $200.00.  Well, October must have been a good month because I have been receiving $200.00 daily since Sunday.  I dont want to jinx but will get going until the RED screen of death appears.  I am now at CLI $2,300.00.

Nordstrom CLI- They must be preparing all credit card holders for the holiday season.  I have this card since Dec 2015 and didnt see a lot of traction until recently.  I went from $500.00>$1,200.00> and on Sunday to $1,750.00.  I am happy with that as we are entering the holiday season. Still working on paying the balance off.

Nieman Marcus Approval- This is not a store I would frequent, but love the Christmas Book.  I know- another store card. Well, I knew I was be denied but just wanted to try my luck.  I noticed the screen began to ask questions that would only be privy on my credit report.  Long and behold, I was approved!  The starting limit is only $700.00, but I am hoping in the years to follow when my scores increase that I begin to see higher limits.  I do want those monogramed UGGS.    Smiley Embarassed

Starting Score: 555/567/570- Aug 2017 (TU)646 (EQ) 626, (EX) 635-Goa 750l: UPDATE 2021 (TU) 623, (EQ) 584, (EXP) 598 Current VISA-MC-Amex Credit Cards |NFCU-CashReward-$2k|USSA Visa- $500lAmex USAA-secured Merrick-$1,900ll Amex Delta Sky Miles- $1k
, |Nordstrom-$2100|Neiman Marcus-$700|Credit One Bank $850/$500 / Capital One Journey $700/ Capital One Quicksilver One $1650/Target $600/KohlsStore $300/Personal Loans $14k
Garden Until 2/2022 removing all 18 collection baddies and decrease UTILto less than 5%
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
peghede
Valued Contributor

Re: J.Crew (multiple luv taps), Nordstrom CLI + Nieman Marcus Approval- Good Night!

Congrats on comenity cli . i get $300 every 31 days on j.crew.have it open for 3 months.nieman marcus got approved 2 weeks ago..same $700.lol , ill grow after few months.

Message 2 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: J.Crew (multiple luv taps), Nordstrom CLI + Nieman Marcus Approval- Good Night!

Very nice clis. Something is certainly better than nothingSmiley Wink. Congrsts on getting the NM. Thats definitely one that seems to have mass potential. Thats the spirit, start setting yourself up for the futureSmiley Happy
Message 3 of 8
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

YAY! I LOVE "luv taps', LOL.. Congrats to you on CLI!! Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 8
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Congrats! Nordstroms is definitely on a hot steak right now.

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 5 of 8
NICKI183
Established Contributor

Thanks so much!  I have a very long way to go before I even build credit of $254k-LOL.  You have done a pheunomial job in that.  I look forward to having prime cards in my signature and not doing the juggling act as to who will accept in being credit worthy. 

@pizza1 wrote:
YAY! I LOVE "luv taps', LOL.. Congrats to you on CLI!! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 555/567/570- Aug 2017 (TU)646 (EQ) 626, (EX) 635-Goa 750l: UPDATE 2021 (TU) 623, (EQ) 584, (EXP) 598 Current VISA-MC-Amex Credit Cards |NFCU-CashReward-$2k|USSA Visa- $500lAmex USAA-secured Merrick-$1,900ll Amex Delta Sky Miles- $1k
, |Nordstrom-$2100|Neiman Marcus-$700|Credit One Bank $850/$500 / Capital One Journey $700/ Capital One Quicksilver One $1650/Target $600/KohlsStore $300/Personal Loans $14k
Garden Until 2/2022 removing all 18 collection baddies and decrease UTILto less than 5%
Message 6 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Its crazy how far ive come in a year and half of rebuilding. I can just imagine hoe it can be with 2 years of gardening, ill have my pick of the credit litter hahaha Lol!. I think once we get over gotta have 20 cards to rebuild and start realizing we dont need every card, things will start taking shape how we want them to. Just my lunchbreak thought for the daySmiley Happy
Message 7 of 8
NICKI183
Established Contributor

Totally agree with that sentiment. I think most of us have a lot of cards because we had become accustomed to so many saying NO.  when you finally get to a creditor who accepts you, you try again and again hoping it not to be a fluke or the bottom to cave in. I know in a years time my signature will be different along with my mindset. Utilization less than 3% overall and great SL or CLI. Appreciate your honesty!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.